Boards < New Player Hall < Introduction < Obligatory Introduction Thread

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-11 18:16:00 — Link

Hello. There's always an introduction board, huh?

Well, I'm Umalia and I was brought here from MagiStream by a member over there. I'm not super active in forums unfortunately. I'm more of a lurker. Don't take that to mean you can't talk to me, I'm happy to recieve PMs if I'm not posting on the boards.

What do I like? Well, art and making crafts. I'm more of a traditional artist, that's what I took classes for, but I have taught myself to do some digital work. I've been having lots of fun with animation of late, my current avatar being a small part of the whole that is my most recent work (the final piece is animated, but that avatar isn't for some reason). I also like colored pencils, pastels, acrylic and oil paints, graphite, and pen. For crafts, I like fiber like yarn, ribbon, and fabric most, though I do dabble in other things.

I've only been on this site a day and it's slow to start, but I'm hoping I'll have fun. c:

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-12 04:19:05 — Link

Hello Umalia! 

That's awesome. What do you like to make with fabric?

Welcome to BK. If you have any auestions feel free to PM me :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-12 23:34:01 — Link

I'm working on some appliques for my jeans that I ripped and I make kanzashi flowers with fabric, but using starch and iron, not the bunching way. I also have made soft sculpture stuff with nylon or felt.

Thank you. c:

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-13 18:19:51 — Link

That is impressive! Do you sell them? I wish I were artsy and craftsy like that. :)

Is fabric your favorite medium? I'm trying to pick up sewing. So far I made a bodice out of a T-Shirt and duct tape, and a tank top.... Far from "mad skillz".

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-13 19:07:11 — Link

Not currently. I don't feel confident enough, yet.

For crafts, then yeah, fabric's my favorite. I don't know how to make clothes either. It's really hard. Do you sew by hand or with a machine?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-13 19:23:43 — Link

I'm sure you'll get there :)

It's super hard... A bit of both. I'm not as confident with a machine because it goes fast! But I've done a lot by hand. I'm really working on my machine skills. I'd like to get my own machine so I don't have to borrow my Mom's all the time. You?

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-13 19:58:23 — Link

I prefer doing things by hand. Like you said, the machine is fast. I also so don't like how noisy it is so I can't listen to music or anything while working.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-13 23:59:21 — Link

So true! I like listening to music or watching netflix or something when I am working... or especially when I am drawing. I just need to work more on different kinds of stitches. Hopefully once I've graduated college this semester I will have more time to sew. I would love to make my wedding dress. But I have -nowhere- near the skills to make one in time. :/

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-14 12:26:29 — Link

Good luck with the wedding dress. It takes even skilled seamstresses months to make one. *shudders*

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-15 04:45:02 — Link

I have about a year or so... I'm hoping my mom can help me. She made hers. I'd like to find one and modify it- I want an "elvish" feel to it. I want to make it more personal...

• Umalia
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-19 23:07:56 — Link

Altering might be a better idea. I'd also suggest that, if you want a special veil, to do that too. You can either make one from scratch or buy a plain one to alter. From what I understand, it's not hard so much as tedious and time consuming.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla