Boards < General < News & Announcements < Release version

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-10 00:08:11 — Link

Hello,

We're happy to announce that beta test period has ended and we're moving to release version!

We want to thank all our beta testers who helped us to finalize the game. Your contribution and support was really indispensable. Players who reported bugs and glitches will find "Bug Squisher" badge in their profile.

Now it's possible to purchase Gold Coins here.

Beta premium subscription will end in 1 month.

All new users are getting 2 free weeks of premium subscription at the moment of registration.

After some consideration we decided to make Autobattle a basic feature instead of making it a Premium account perk. It's a really vital feature which cardinally improves the gameplay. We don't want to force people to buy premium in order just to make the game playable.

Premium account provides the following perks:

• Premium users can set set Triggers.
  • Premium users see maneuvers that are currently selected by your opponents at the Battlefield.
  • Premium users get Inbreeding Warning when trying to breed pets that are close relatives.
  • Normal users can perform searches only among pets which are being traded. Premium users can search among all pets. This can be useful if you're looking for a pet with special traits and want to buy it from another Keeper who didn't put this pet up for trade.
  • Normal users only see a pet's mother and father. Premium users have access to full genealogy.
  • Premium users can instantly leave the island from any point of the map. Normal users need to move to the portal tile frst.

Best regards,

BeastKeeper Team

• Naga
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 00:54:07 — Link

I've been moving to the portal tile every time. *zooms to explore and nyoom out of battle*

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 01:26:53 — Link

I have a question about genealogy one-couldn't you just go to the mother/father, and so on, to see full genealogy? 

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 01:34:51 — Link

The bug squisher icon is so cuuutteee! <3

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-10 01:37:12 — Link

EverRain, yes, you can :) Premium mostly gives interface improvements. The only exclusion is ability to see current selected maneuvers for pets on battlefield - normal user can see this info only if he has Strategist in his inn. All other perks are just time-saving features.

• Kobra-Infinite
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 04:07:51 — Link

How do we see the user's moves? (Sorry I have only just arrived on the map)

• WitchWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 04:49:47 — Link

I applaud the decision to make Autobattle a core feature. I am not, however, all that sure about the full genealogy being readily available only to premium users. In a breeding game where inbreeding matters, access to full genealogy is a rather vital gameplay feature.

Sure, we can still go step-by-step, but parallely checking for all the ancestors three generations back is not merely a small inconveniance but a very time-consuming process prone to lots of mistakes. In other words, being able to readily see the entire pedigree is not a simple perk on the same level with seeing the manouvers or isntantly leaving the island etc, but a very important part of a breeding game such as this.

I doubt anything will be changing now, but I'd still urge you to reconsider the decision of making full pedigree visibility a premium-only thing. Going the 'long way' about seeing the peds will put a big damp in gameplay. Of course, it might concievably make more players get a premium account, but on the other hand, it might also make those who enver planned on having a premium account simply leave the game if it turns out the gameplay is more of a bother then enjoyment because of this.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-10 07:25:34 — Link

I'm so happy about autobattle!! Yes! I am also liking that we can move from islands whenever.

I was wondering. Will Beast Keeper offer forever premium accounts? I know sometimes sites offer them in the beginning as a kickstarter for donations.

Depending on price/my finances I may be interested.

Thanks for all the hard work guys :) I'm glad to see the site moving along and being able to assist in some way :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-10 08:59:00 — Link

I agree that wading through geneology would be a pain...

It would be nice if premium offered more benefits though. Perhaps more aesthetically oriented versus mechanical; enough to entice subscription without enabling users to simply buy their way to the top? More things like custom skins, perhaps. Like beast accessories (saddles, alternate manes/tails, companions/pets) that are shown on a profile but serve no other purpose?

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2014-01-10 23:58:03 — Link

Thank you sweetheart. I really do love the new reward system (the little icons)

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-17 22:49:17 — Link

About this 'access to full genealogy' thing: I'm using Excel to list all my pets and I can easily see the full pedigree of the pet I'm looking for. It takes a lot of time to list all my pets, because I have to write every newborn or new-catched/buyed pet down and search the parents, write down the genes and all this kind of stuff, but it makes this game even more interesting and funny. Maybe there will be more inbreed, expecially if there is no inbreed warning without the premium, but this is all a comfort-thing. So if you don't want to take a little more time in searching parents and grandparents you can still buy premium ;D

I noticed that the '1 Month subscription' item in the premium shop still says - ability to use autobattle - maybe this should be changed so there will be no confusion about it ;)

- Valar morghulis -

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-17 23:21:32 — Link

Seelenblut, thank you for telling about the outdated description. I fixed it, must be fine now :)

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-19 02:15:10 — Link

Now that I've used it for a bit... that inbreeding warning is pretty awesome.
Saves so much time, not having to compare the family trees manually. I think I'd pay the monthly fee just for that.

• DuffyDiscord
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-13 08:39:54 — Link

I think i found a bug, the portal button isnt working for me, im in a tutorial where i have to leave the island using the portal, i  move my pet to the portal tile, the portal button lights up, then i click it and nothing happens, ive even tried double clicking and right clicking, and just about everything, help! 

• hstrickland
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-02 03:29:20 — Link

The same has gone for me DuffyDiscord. I can't get off.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla