Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Search - Color genes

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-09 15:10:53 — Link

The breeding/search gene list is getting long, and will no doubt be even longer once you add more species. It's kind of hard to find the right color on the list.

Maybe there are some coding reasons for keeping them separate, but if it's possible, could some of those be combined? For instance, just White Instead of White(unicorn), White(roc), White(Symurgh), White(cat), White(dragon)... If someone wants to find a white puma they could just search for White + Puma, etc.

That'd make it a lot shorter.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-09 16:50:33 — Link

The color genes for different species have different names and different IDs. Probably we could unite them not by names but as A1 or B3 but that would require recoding the search system. Though I'm not sure that it is needed. You can shorten the gene list by checking the species first - this will automatically filter genes that are available for this species only. And this doesn't require to keep in head what is A5 or B4 for every species.

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-09 19:00:44 — Link

Heh, I never noticed that. Would've saved a lot of time. 

Here's a different suggestion then: the species are already automatically filtered when breeding, so it didn't occur to me to try those checkboxes. Could the gene list also be auto-filtered for breeding searches, just like the species and gender?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-10 01:26:36 — Link

This is a good suggestion, thank you. I added it to our to-do.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla