Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Couple things about the shops...

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• EnvyAlakye
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-09 06:12:23 — Link

Ok so I have been on here for a few days, and I have to say... I love the site, but theres a couple things I feel need changing... Ill list them and also describe why I believe these things should be possibly changed....

Ok, so one thing that drives me nuts is the shop system...

a. 28 days at an auction? Seriously? Who wants to wait almost a month? Maybe its to make the auctions look fuller, but honestly it just makes people not want to use the system at all. It is majorly flawed, because all these items we are collecting seem to be uneeded until you can finally craft a building. As a newbie this can be frustrating, as we are not sure what each item is used for, and if we need it. Not only that, but you can't fast sell it, or throw it in a shop because your stuck with a terrible trade system that takes 28 days. 

b. There is no user created shops, or user created listings for pets, making it difficult for people to find the right pet to breed with. While I can see the plus sides of this, forcing people to work harder for those special colors and abilities... I feel that it somewhat restricts the growth of the site. I know one of the first things I do on any pet related site is to sift through the breeding stuff and try to figure out which ones are considered rare and which ones are common. Also to know all the different markings. I believe that it limits what a new person may see, and possibly dwindle their chances of fully understanding what they are doing. This confusion can often drop goals that might have otherwise been put in place. (Especially when most of the creatures look the same until you run into that random 'ooh thats different' scenerio. 

c. Switching the lists... Ok in all of the breeding, pets, market stuff I found it was a nuisance clicking the arrows at the top to specify how you wanted the list to sort. The reason I found this difficult was because I could not select multiple options. I.E In the Breeding listings I switched it over to just unicorns, but then I couldn't click and bring up all the unicorns with the lowest stud fees. (I am new and broke, I hate to sit there looking through multiple pets with 1000+ stud fees when I can only afford a small fee. 

d. Perhaps adding a bar that tells if the creature is male or female would be nice as well...

Thank you for your time, Ill comment more later if I come up with anything else.

~Envy

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-09 11:37:50 — Link

1. The time of auction is chosen by player who created it. It can be 5 minutes as well as 30 days. There's no reason to limit the players here, some of them wants to have enough time to make sure that their lot was sold for the maximum price. You can filter the auctions by the time left if you want to see those ones where you don't have to wait a lot.

2. What is the reason for adding user shops? It will only bring more chaos instead of making it easier. People are searching for a certain pet or item for a certain price, and any of these parameters does not depend on username. Actually the only difference with the current system will be the additional search parameter called "username" which does not affect the properties of the item being sold. Sorry, I don't see any trade optimization here, only an additional query to server.

3. Please use the search function. Filters are working within current search results. In your example, you need to check Unicorns, submit search and filter them by price in reverse order to see the cheapest offers.

4. Please use search function. If you're looking for a pet of certain gender, you just need to check it in search.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla