Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #9

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-12-25 00:39:01 — Link

The new pet species - Throdama

Throdamas are social insect-like creatures from Ganymede. The name of this graceful yet deadly creature originates from the long forgotten language of our ancestors and means "jointed doe". A colony of Throdamas is called a Hive. Solitary Throdamas are self-sufficient and capable of independent living. Like many other gigantic animal species, the ancestors of Throdamas were created artificially by the human kind to help in the exploration and mastering of the alien worlds. Great strength provided by big size and advanced intelligence made them irreplaceable for the mine works, scouting, foraging and defending the human settlements and bases on Ganymede. Although the human civilization has disappeared leaving Ganymede a quite harsh place to live. Throdamas continued their evolution developing different kinds of forms and successfully taking many ecological niches without humans.

Throdamas have 54 unique colors and 5 morphs. Please go here to read more about Throdamas.

Throdamas come from the portal on the Battlefield. You will see a moon selector at the top of your window when you take the Portal zone. Switch it to Ganymede to get a Throdama instead of a Symurgh. Only Worker Throdamas will join you; specialized morphs are bound to their home hives on Ganymede and won't follow the colonist Workers.

World mirrors and Research potential

While searching for alternative ways to the other moons bypassing the portal on the battlefield, the best brains of Europa have made a scientific breakthrough. Several student Warlocks managed to open a tunnel that was leading to a mirror reality instead of another moon. This discovery was noticed by some of the open-minded lords who sponsored the further research. First the research group was unable to to reproduce the experiment but then they figured out that the tunnels are fluctuating and the particulat values in formula can be used only one time. When something moves through the tunnel, the properties of its matter are changing and the next traveller needs to start searching a way to this mirror from scratch.

Your pets now have a new characteristic called Research potential. It shows the average amount of research points that your pet generate per hour. The calculation accuracy varies up to 50% every hour. For example, your squad has 100 research points total. Every hour it can generate from 50 to 150 points, and the average time of finding a way to the mirror reality will be 50 hours. Increase your pet's reasearch potential by doing different tasks that helps it to understand how the laws of world work. You can check the task progress by hovering over the question mark near the Research potential value on your pet's profile page and clicking "Details" link. Quickmind and Smart genes provide your pet with a basic boost for Research potential too.

We know the one stable and safe mirror at this moment. Some Beastlords have started researching the ways there already in order to send their pets and claim the resources that are still ownerless. Do you want to join them?

1. Go to the Battlefield and click "Mirror" button at the top of the window; this will show you the mirror world.
  2. Select a free squad. Remeber about the Research potential. The more Research potential the pets in your squad have, the faster they will find a tunnel to the mirror world.
  3. Click "Search for a way" button at the bottom of the map to start looking for a tunnel to the mirror world. Researching a way keeps your pets busy on the battlefield just like any other activity, although you can cancel it and leave the battlefield at any moment.
  4. Wait until the search is finished. Now you can land in the mirror world! But please remember that if your squad leaves this world, it will have to start the research from the scratch.

New premium items

1. Ephemerae Coccoons will allow you to mature a child instantly.
  2. Clicker is a language that understandable by both you and pet - no harassing taming now! Use it to tame a wild pet instantly.
  3. Founder Cells Culture is a biologically active substance that will help your females. Give it to a pregnant female to make her give birth instantly.

Miscellaneous Updates

1. You can set a fee in   or   for your custom skins. The skin type (private or public) cannot be changed after approval anymore.
  2. There are 2 new filters in pet search: Wild and Custom Skin
  3. ...and several minor interface improvements!

Please post all found bugs and glitches in the Bugs board. Thank you :)

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 02:14:24 — Link

...you've been busy, I see.

I especially like the new links. 'Send to SPSB' will save a lot of time. 

And a new pet too? ...I think I'm in a good position to potentially grab one.
If anyone's worried about me hogging portal, don't worry. I'll move away as soon as I get a couple of Throdamas. (Even if they're of the same gender. I've got a spare sex change scroll for that..)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-12-25 04:43:37 — Link

Ohh sweet! Loving the new changes!! Ill have to plsy around with the mirror thing. That sounds interesting.  

Thank you so much for the new search filters!!! 

With the custom skin fees- can we change those after we make them??

Thank you!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• MintChip
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 06:33:53 — Link

Very nice, love all the extra stuff with this new species. Though I'm assured I'll be waiting for a while to get one. Pretty well the same at the other recent species, but that's alright. I'll get them at some point.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 08:27:04 — Link

...I think I'm fine waiting for my pets to be tamed and to grow and stuff,lol XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 12:31:13 — Link

Aww the new species remind me on wasps. I hate wasps q.q

But anyway, the Throdama looks amazing, great job! :3

Thanks for the update in the search filters and also the new items, it will save a lot of time :3

- Valar morghulis -

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-12-25 16:47:11 — Link

Thank you for the feedback! :-) 

Nightingale, yes, you can edit the skin fees at any moment. Click the skin title at the My Custom Skins tab to get to the edit screen.

Seelenblut, I'm sorry about wasps :-[  Nomad Throdamas can be quite aggresive and well-armed. Their colors are warning about this just like in their small prototype from Earth. I have only one good news here: they don't have stings :-)

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 19:32:44 — Link

Definitely not my favorite species :D

I noticed the 'Kami' species (in the search function) Did I miss something? D:

- Valar morghulis -

• Poe
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 19:41:06 — Link

Even though the Workers might resemble wasps, my favourites are the Scouts, which look more like butterflies. You can see the difference in the Skin Library.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-12-25 20:16:12 — Link

Kami are special pets that will be introduced with the forthcoming events. You didn't miss anything, they're still to come :-)

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 20:24:15 — Link

Yeah, they all look amazing, but my first impression stays :D

Ok thanks, I'm looking forward to this events ;3

- Valar morghulis -

• hollahollaget_$
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-26 02:33:31 — Link

is there anything we're allowed to know about the new kami?? or is it a top secret sorta thing :?

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-26 07:10:34 — Link

I really like this new species, it is definitely something different. And I don't want to now anything about the Kami, that totally destroys the surprise-effect  ;-)

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-27 00:02:53 — Link

That's just adorable.

Yep, I like this species. And it's certainly unique, compared to what generic pet sites have to offer. Off-hand, I can't think of any other site besides Neopets that has any insect pets.

• EeveeDream
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-27 08:48:58 — Link

Waaaa, so cool! :D

http://www.felisfire.com/?ref=450

http://www.sylestia.com/register/?referral=7C0FC34B5D8F315379DC

Also on Flight Rising as EeveeDream #2937

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla