Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Christmas and other festivals

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-01 13:47:49 — Link

Hey guys,

today is the first advent (at least here in germany) and I was wondering, how you guys celebrate Christmas and all the days are contected with this event. Do you even celebrate?

And also if christmas is a traditional festival (going to church, etc.) or if it is only a day where the family get together, gift some nice things all without the religion.

I'm also interested what Hanukkah is and in what countries you celebrate this (or what religion)

I also have an idea for a little Christmas in BeastKeeper, but this needs some people which are willing to help. Maybe we could start a contest (or something similar) with some prices and hopefully a lot of fun. My idea is to draw winterskins with the normals BeastKeeper lines, then voting for the best idea and give away some special prices (Rainbow jar or something like this)

I would be pleased if there is some feedback to this idea and of course if there are  participant(s?) -  It doesnt make any sense if there are only two or three people.

I also wish all of you a great and snowy december time <3

- Valar morghulis -

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-02 22:26:37 — Link

For me Christmas is basically gift-giving, family, a tree, and fun.  It's not religous at all, in factboth my parents grew up Jewish.(celebrating Hanukkah)  We did celebrate Hanukkah by lighting candles but that died off.  I love Christmas!!

I'll participate in anything, except for drawing events, because I don't have Photoshop or anything of the sort.  I kind of wish we did a Secret Santa.:)

• HermionexDawn
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 06:35:03 — Link

Mmmm teaaa.

You've got me caught in a place

Panic for a minute,

Got my mind in a daze,

I wish you weren't in it,

There are so many ways,

To lose your attention,

You can break everything,

But so what,

I can take anything 

-Ellie Goulding

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 19:08:25 — Link

Uhmn yeah this might be a problem if some people don't have Photoshop or things like that. Other things we could do are a story writing contest (short stories, no one wants to read 2 or 3 sites of a story :D) uhmn maybe a picture taking contest....I dont know...a song writing contest? or poem ? 

Secret Santa would be nice too :3

- Valar morghulis -

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 22:51:46 — Link

Allthose sound good, especially the phot contest, I love taking pictures.  But, how do you get them onto a website? xD

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-15 12:03:24 — Link

Well It seems we are not enough aktive players in BeastKeeper to start such events. Maybe next year :3

Anyways. Christmas at my place is more a family festival. Visit my grandparents and eating some good meals. Nothing religios and nothing special, but I like it :3

- Valar morghulis -

• Leaftrill
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-21 02:46:28 — Link

My family celebrates Christmas as a religous event, but what we do changes year to year depending where we are and what family is with us ( I come from a military family). Three things always stay the same; we always put up a tree, my grandmother always gifts us the same "thing" each year ( I always get a nativity scene and an ornament), and we always watch the "Charlie Brown Christmas".

I'm not one to participate in special events put on by users. I have no talent in drawing, writing, or anything else really. But the idea itself sounds fun.

Image ImageImage

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-25 22:21:57 — Link

So, what were your presents?:D

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-26 23:48:58 — Link

Mine? I've got books (game of thrones) and lots of chocolate...uhmn and a calender for 2014 with wolf pictures :3

and what were yours ?

- Valar morghulis -

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-27 03:37:27 — Link

I got a lot since my parents are divorced-I got over 20-but the notable ones were earrings, an alarm clock that flies around the room, a earring stand, and iPod touch.  Also, a bunch of computer games.

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-27 15:05:50 — Link

an flying alarm clock? seems like fun xD

- Valar morghulis -

• EverRain
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-27 16:55:41 — Link

Well, sort of. The alarm part helicopters off the clock part, and the alarm won't stop until you get up, find the alarm part and reattach it.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla