Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Ability to Sell Energy Flow Cards

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-23 19:57:19 — Link

We seriously need to make the State Portal Service Branch more appealing to use for players. The pound is over stocked with pets that no one wants, and people are dumping pets their because the rewards are more appealing there than the SPSB. This can be a major problem. The idea of the SPSB is to get rid of the not so good pets yes? But with the way the rewards system works, we are given 5 energy flow cards for every pet that we send. This is well and good, but the majority of the time, even with exploring with a two pages worth of pets, I've had no need to dip into my energy flow card stock. I'm currently up to 325 energy flow cards. We need something to do with them.

May I suggest the ability to sell one for the price of 200 silver back to the site? This would equate to the same amount given out by the pound, while still giving the option of keeping the energy flow cards.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 18:43:05 — Link

It would just be nice if they weren't account-bound.

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

Looking for "friends" for Pokémon X & Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

3DS Friend Code: 0361-7809-4176

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 22:43:15 — Link

That'd be bad for the balance. Couple of users (myself included) would just buy and use them all... Leaving less active players with absolutely no chance of ever catching up.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-04 02:52:50 — Link

The level of activity will always balance the economy in favor of more-active players.  People like me would just exploit people like you for more money.  Remember, a free market will always balance out (Supply & Demand).  After a while, the market will be saturated (to an extent) and prices will level-out.

In the meantime, fewer pets will be in the pound, more people will build a State Portal Service Branch to take advantage of the market, and better pets will be put up for auctions.

That's the advantage to having the items auctions.

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-04 09:06:46 — Link

After a certain point, treasure is unimportant.
But exploring the islands gives more chances of finding rare items. Energy drinks, mutagen, genecist invites, and other cash shop items. Exactly what us active players need, and those are generally not sold on the market. It'd allow couple of players to dominate the game. In other words, unbalanced.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-04 23:48:40 — Link

But these items are still obtain through chance and, once the Premium Shop finally can sell gold, the value of your items is moot.  The silver prices of premium items will still balance out.

It actually doesn't matter.  I don't visit islands too often, but I have premium items whose current total value exceeds 5000 gold.  These items include things like Mutagens & Rainbow Jar that I'm sitting on until I find a creature worth them.

Do you see what I'm saying?  There are different types of people here.  Because of this, that economy will still be able to balance itself out, quite easily I might add.  What we really need to do is clear out the pound of creatures that are never going to be adopted.  Do you rally think that people are going to adopt a creature named, "My recessives are better..." or "2 Red"?  No, they're going to sit there, taking up sever space.  At leaast they'd have one last use.

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-05 10:15:20 — Link

This is a tick-based game, and as such, allowing players to buy ticks would severely unbalance it in favor of more active players. Leaving newbies at a major disadvantage. It doesn't have much to do with the market balance. But I've already stated my opinion about this, and see no reason to argue it further. 

Anyway, as for the pound problem... I think it's better to have too many pets in there than not enough. Though I wish we could adopt more than one pet per day. I am always running out of pets to send to the portal service; and I feel kind of bad for buying good pets from the market for that purpose.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-12-29 13:37:36 — Link

Zaltys is right. The Flow Cards are account-bound for a reason. There must be as hard limit for the quantity of Flow Cards that player can obtain within a certain time period. Otherwise there will be no balance at all. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla