Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Release pet, or putting "being tamed" pets in the pound

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 22:31:31 — Link

I realized, you don't really know what you're going to get when you explore in the wild for a new pet, and then you're stuck with whatever you get for 2 days. So I was thinking it'd be a good idea to have a feature where you could release a pet that's currently being trained. That way it won't take up space, since the only way to get more space is to buy something for gold coins or pay a lot of money in silver coins.

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 05:13:50 — Link

Thanks for a suggestion!

In short the answer will be "no". The details are below :)

This is a question of balance between breeding and taming. Ability to throw out wild pets after they have been just caught will make breeding senseless, users will just roll wild pets until they get the one they want. We would have to change our tagline to "pet taming game" in this case :)

Pet limit is a kind of stimulus for a player to develop and figure out some tactics instead of getting everything at once.

The main way of getting recipes for building supposed to be finding them in treasure chests and trading with other players, not buying in the shop.

The main source of income is quests. Fulfilling one silver quest every day will make in average 25-30K of coins in 10 days. Silver quests don't have genetic requirements, only characteristics which are growing with pet level and not so hard to achieve.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla