Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < World History tab

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-20 08:05:44 — Link

Was looking around and coudn't find one, so figured I'd suggest it.

Would it be possible to create a tab that tells the history of the world? I mean, what's with all the floods? Who first came up with the brilliant idea to sort of domesticate the magical beasts of the world? Why is the Fog of War called the Fog of War? Such a page could hold an encyclopedia of all the known beast species, where they were discovered, how they were discovered, how and when they were first convinced to work with Beast Keepers, what the known lands are on a larger scale, etc; as well as chronicle the evolving history of the world as set out by major events without being forever in event/contest format. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-20 16:38:38 — Link

Thank you for suggestion!

It's difficult to quarrel with that fact that right now the picture of the world looks very fragmentary for players and many obvious things are lost in mystery for the Beastlords while being very well-known even by the uneducated Europa farmers :)

We're planning to write down some aspects of the world history and log the events that are happening with the participation of players. Some other history aspects will be discovered with the future events. The history and biology of every species is to be described as well.

Our main issue here is that we're not native English speakers and such simple task like writing takes a lot of time and efforts too. So I can't promise that this part of the game will be added very soon but at least I can assure that we know about this gap and are planning to cover it.

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-20 16:46:48 — Link

There's a picture of the world somewhere??

Well, if you want, I could work on the writing stuff. Can't do anything for the coding or the posting, but if you gave me prompts I could expand them. I need to write more often anyway...

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-20 17:24:15 — Link

We don't have a special tab yet but the brief prehistory and some aspects of the current world were posted in news. Here's the post about the world cosmology: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/1842

We really could use some writing help, thank you very much for offering your help here :)

Although the genre is quite specific here because it's a sci-fi / fantasy crossover, and any magic thing has a basic (pseudo)scientific background. For example, let's take the fire breathing ability. The dragons do not breathe fire because they are magic creatures and it's their magic ability. Their creators provided them with a gland which produces a secretion that ignites when contacts with oxygen in the air, and a spitting muscle in their throat that allows to spit out this secretion directly at the enemy. Or another example is vermillion which isn't a magic substance but an aggressive colorant and an active biological agent that increases the gene expression.

Will you be able to deal with this mix?

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-20 18:03:49 — Link

Readily! All magic is simply science which is not yet fully understood, and all science is magic to those who do not understand it. Taking fantasy and blending it with sci-fi is my specialty! :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla