Boards < General < Help < Tactics Question

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zedh
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-14 13:04:20 — Link

Hi, I have a question about the Theory of Chaos manuever. In the FAQ it says:

"1. You score 1 point for every movement maneuver.
 2. No tactics will work for your opponent except Manuevers and Theory of Chaos, and no tactics will work for you except Theory of Chaos."

Well, sounds awesome I thought and tried it out with a squad yesterday evening. But the result was quite sobering. After a short time I got kicked off by an opponent without any Movement Manuevers at all. How did that work? I have no idea but decided to try again this morning, to actually see what could have happened there.

I attacked the same opponent with the same squad and got this result:

Again from FAQ:

"Conditions 1: You rolled 4 or more Movement maneuvers." Check
"Conditions 2: You rolled 4 or more Movement maneuvers and you rolled more Movement maneuvers than your opponent." Check

Could someone explain what happened there? I'm really confused since all tactics on their, as well as on my side seem to have worked normally. Did I get something essentially wrong or could it be a bug?

Please help :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-14 15:53:58 — Link

Could you please explain what exactly do you think to work wrong here?

You have 12 movement maneuvers rolled and you got 1 point for each for the Theory of Chaos. Plus 2 points from the Unbridled attack and minus one point from Hindering, total is 13.

Your opponent didn't use any tactics in this battle, so your Theory of Chaos works exactly like the Maneuvers tactics because it didn't had a chance to show its second effect though you had fullfilled the conditions for it. He scored 14 points for 7 Unbridled attacks (and they didn't allow him to score 2 points forthe Regeneration), 2 points from normal attacks and 3 points for Leadership, total is 19. Everything worked like planned here.

• Zedh
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-16 01:13:53 — Link

Oooh okay now I get it^^ I just confused the actual word "tactics" here, thanks a lot for the explanation :) My second question would have been about the regeneration, but that's clear as well now. Thanks again.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-16 11:20:22 — Link

...you fought me didn't you? If I recognize the moves as mine,lol.

well, I won't recommend trying the movement, best stick with regular moves, besides, your squad is pretty strong, I think you'll do just fine.

but cool, I never tried the movement tactic before...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla