Boards < General < Player Guides < Guide: Breeding

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kisara
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-08 07:23:31 — Link

~Breeding Tips~

*Reader Discretion: This is based on prior knowledge of Beast Keeper since I have previously bred for pet colors, pet genes, and adopted pets from the pound to see which ones are least favorable. Also, having researched breeding offers, pet trades, pedigrees, and many pets continuously on a non-stop basis.

Only through the study of degeneration pets, is an area with a lack of knowledge.

However, there are lots of great tips to succession along the way!

+

Generic / Starters

1. Brainstorm - What Species? What is the breeding for? Which genes to produce the best possible pet? Breeding to breed more? Looking to maximize the gene pool? Want to have great a pet with both great dominants and recessives? Only want certain genes for selective breeding? Breeding for specific tactics? Breeding for silver?

Not sure what genes? Check out the breeding offers / pets for sale first to get an idea or check out Beast Keeper's

List of Genes

Not sure what color?

List of Skins

Also check out the Tactics FAQ  for a greater understanding to see which genes you want to breed for battling, and for any further requirements to activate certain attacks, etc.

Tip #1

Characteristics:

"Basic characteristics affect the battle efficiency of your pet:

Defence depends on Constitution and Strength
    Damage depends on Courage and Strength
    Accurancy depends on Agility and Intelligence
    Dodge depends on Agility and Intuition
    Critical Chance depends on Courage and Intuition
    Anti-Critical Chance depends on Constitution and Intelligence"

Tip #2

Diet Composition (Really useful) - To train more specifically in certain characteristic numbers.

+

Regular Breeding

Make sure they are not related for 3 generations before breeding or have Degeneration Grades (Minimizes Degeneration / formation of negative traits).. or any Red genes for 3 generations before breeding.

+

Both Regular & Degeneration

Make sure you have 3 generations with no bad genes / stats.

Make sure the breeding / offer in question does not have bad genes / stats.

Make sure 3 generations before the breeding / offer has no negative stats / heritages.

Start by using all black stats (normal gene) pets or some that have green stats (green genes) for starters and breed them to pets with the same black / green stats to reduce negative traits. Maximize.

Look for pets that have genes you want to specialize in and make sure they do not give bad genes to your pet's offpsring within 3 generations first, and that they also have black (normal genes) / green stats (green genes).

If you want some good recessives, breed it to pets that already have the traits you are looking for to have some good starter recessive gene offspring to reach that goal!

( *Note: May need to breed a few times for wanted results)

If the said pet has one good recessive you want to make dominant, breed it to another pet with the same exact recessive to make it dominant or that has both the same dominant and recessive gene.

If a pet has a few good recessives and no negatives, breed it with other pets that have the matching recessives you're looking for to increase the amount of Dominants

....Why breed for just one good gene when you can breed for 3 good genes at the same time?

Why not try breeding vertically? (Starting from the top or bottom of the pet genes and work your way to the other end.)

Still not sure where to start? Research. Follow an example of a pet that already has the exact desired genes you are looking for and what steps were taken in the process to reach a certain goal.

Find breeding partners or breeding groups that have the same goals.

Don't forget about GP breeding (Genetic Power A.K.A. Descendant of Heroes. ) once have your best genetic pet goal reached. That's when the pets shouldn't have any children until they reach level 50 for the bonus stats. Only works for 3 generations thus far.

The greener stats, the better!

“Obstacles are only obstacles if you see them as obstacles. They can also be called opportunities.”
-Tucker Max

• wolfsoldier90176
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-13 03:57:18 — Link

just a random question  how long does it useually take for a baby to be born?

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-01-21 05:45:33 — Link

@wolfsoldier90176

i think it's 24 hours though I can't be completely sure.

Hey everyone!

• fenixheart
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-02 19:04:52 — Link

How can i get wanted color  ?

Fenix Heart

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-03 04:38:38 — Link

@fenixheart: This would be the same as breeding for any other trait- except you are looking at the four gene slots (one dominant, one recessive in each "Skin Patterns" and "Skin Color" that determine color. Other than that follow the guide as you would if you were breeding any other dominant trait.

The chart that shows the list of possible skins are located here: http://beastkeeper.com/skin-lib/67

If you have more specific questions I'm sure we'd be happy to answer.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• fireofawsome
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-09 21:53:40 — Link

how do we find out which genes are dominant to others?

• sandia
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-28 14:07:37 — Link

Go to Help and click on list of genes.

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-21 00:46:46 — Link

If I am understanding this right. In order to breed a Descendent of Heroes, your pets must be virgins when they turn lvl 50 and then breed right? If they breed before they turn lvl 50, they will never be able to have a child that is Descendent of Heroes?

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-21 03:33:43 — Link

No, having previous children doesn't affect pets when they're breeding Decendents of Heroes. You can breed them now, then level them to 50, and breed them again. The first child won't get Genetic power (since it was bred before the parents reached 50) but the 2nd child will have Genetic power 1 (Assuming the parents were both GP 0).

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-21 03:44:09 — Link

Oh ok. Then there is still hope for my pound pet treasure :D

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

• willow(rose)
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-12 02:24:19 — Link

I have seen a few things talking about breeding points. I may have missed it, but what is that referring to?

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla