Posted at 2013-10-04 20:46:24 — Link

Breeding:

-FInd out what genes you are specifically looking for

-Less normal the better (normal genes should be the 'fail-proof' to prevent unwanted negatives coming in)

-Find a partner with the genes you are specifically looking for (its ok if its recessive, can't be picky trying to find one that is dominant, or dominant and recessive)

-Watch the stats! A pet up for expensive breeding doesn't always equal best pet for breeding! Don't waste all your hard earned silver on a pet that isn't going to give you want you want!

-Researched genes, its best to breed with pets with some genes researched, even if they have no negative stats, it might just mean they are perfectly normal, or there are some genes which don't affect stats. (I recommend looking at parents or grandparents if you need to get an estimated guess on what genes the pet may have it the pet is not reasearched)

Finance and Money making:

-Unless if they are close friends, avoid 'oh ok, i'll let you this once' otherwise all your good pets will disappear as fast as the money you could make.

-Genetic Power pets should in general be more expensive, depending on their genes, a normal gene GP pet should not be quite as expensive, regardless of GP or not. (It may be a GP pet, but it's way too normal, it's really not hugely worth the money to buy it as you could have used GP on a pet that is very interesting and will bring in silvers easily, whether you be breeding or selling the pet)

-Look at how the others sell their pets to get an estimate on how high you should price.

-Leave out the buyout price, but shorten the auction time, this way there will be higher chance of getting bids coming in as most people will wait till the bid is going to end to even start bidding at all. (same goes with items)

-If you can, research the genes if you are selling pets, people won't really buy pets if they are unsure of what to expect (I can't see myself paying alot for a perfectly normal gene pet, can you?)

-If you want to do a buyout price, then make the auction time longer, but there should be a clear distance between starting bid and buyout.

-If others are selling the same items, make your item a bit cheaper than theirs, that way the buyers will direct their attention to yours.

-Avoid huge quantities! Don't group 100 vermillion into one sale for example, break it up and sell it, this actually buys out alot more faster.(to them, it looks like so many lovely sales of vermillion, not just that lonely stash of vermillion on sale there, its much more enticing to see a page-full of the item you are looking for...and they will start clicking away and buying)

-Promotion, you can write something for pet sales, right? why not write something there then? Could be a little friendly 'description' that the pet 'says', or your terms of sales.

Categorizing and Sorting out:

-Put the basic, necessary info on your profile page, not saying you cant introduce alot about yourself, but from experience, and due to a slow computer, I know I will be put off from visiting you if it takes me many many scrolls to see your stables.

-Neat profile page, guys, this is your first impression, so make it good, be crisp and clear on what to say in it.

-Avoid bright colors, not all colors can be useful, I recommend its best to use colors to emphasize on text, or to seperate and distinguish each paragraph/info. I recommend not throwing a bunch of rainbows all over (you wouldn't do that when you apply for a job, will you?) You can show more of yourself later when you strike up chat with people.**

**Disclaimer: I have no huge issue/problem with colorful stuff, I just don't really want to see those randomly thrown on ones, if you can carefully coordinate and place your colors and know what you are doing with them, then by all means, go ahead.

-More looky, less wordy. Be frank and clear, get the main point out, people may read these things alot better than a bunch of rambling on and on text.

-Label your groups/tabs to the pets you will be having in it, like an area for Unicorns, Pumas, Dragons...etc. or if you want to be more 'in theme' then you can give names like 'Unicorn Fields' or 'Mystic Forests'. This may tell others you are more imaginative and creative at names. But just have it clear so people won't end up wondering about where you keep certain pets till they  give up and just leave your page.

more will be added soon...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from