314 votes / 87%
No

7 votes / 2%
A little

42 votes / 12%
« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-10-04 05:00:12 — Link

Whether you're a new or older player, you're bound to have times where you're in need of money. This guide will help you learn how to earn some moolah! :)

However, these things will take time and patience. You can't expect a POOF, and suddenly, you're rich. Patience is the key to games like these!

Silver

Silver is the main currency on the game, and can be used to buy pets, items, and many other things. Some ways of earning silver:

Daily Quests
Quests are one of the easiest ways to earn money. To go there, the tab is between "battles" and "explore", or you can click here.
Each day, you recieve 5 quests. (This can be increased to 7 if you have an Embassy building) Each quest will have a requirement and a reward. If you have a pet that fits the requirement, enlist it for that quest! In 4 hours, your pet will be returned and you will recieve the reward.

Explore
Explore is another great way to earn money. You can find a lot of money on islands! Although you generally find more money when you explore with pets of higher levels, all pets can give you a good amount of silver in time.
The explore tab is between "quests" and "trading", or you can click here.
There is currently no player guide for explore, but if one is made I'll update this.

Buying/Selling Pets and Items
Pets generally sell for a minimum of 500 silver. If anyone is selling for anything less than 500, buy it and sell it for more! You can also grab one pet a day from the pound. It's a great way to earn money.
To sell a pet to a specific buyer, go to my pets (pets > my pets), select the pet you wish to sell, and click "sell pet", which should be on the right side of the pet profile.
To put your pet up in the public sales, go to trading > pet trades, and click the create lot button at the top of the page.

Items are also worth a decent amount of silver. Although I cannot give you an estimate of what items are worth, I can say that items from the premium store are usually worth more than other items.
Also, I advise you to never buy any items from the state store. Most of these items are highly overpriced and you can find them from other players for much cheaper.

To sell an item to a specific buyer, go to your warehouse (inventory > warehouse), select the item you wish to sell, select "sell" from the dropdown menu, and specify a quantity.
To sell an item in the public sales, go to trading > item sales and select create lot at the top of the page.

Sending pets to the pound
You get 500 silver for sending a pet to the pound. To pound a pet, go to your pets, click the pet, and select "send to pound" on the right side of the pet profile.

Posting in the forum
You get 10 silver for every post in the forum. However, do not spam.
I wouldn't rely on this to earn money, but if it really works for you, go for it.

Breeding Offers
Players can earn money by offering breedings from their male pets. Not surprisingly, the better the pet's genes are, the more their breedings will be worth.
To send a private breeding offer, go to the pet's page that you want to breed with (the pet must be female!) and click breeding offer, which is on the top right corner of the pet's profile.
If you wish to put your pet up for public breeding, go to their profile, and click breeding offer on the top right corner of their page. You can also go to the Trading tab > Breeding offers or click here. There is a button at the top of the page that says create lot.

Gold
There are currently only 4 ways to earn gold in the game. It can be spent on items in the premium shop.

Referrals
Referring a player to BK with your code will earn you 10 gold. However, before you recieve your gold they must finish the tutorial.
To get your referral code, go to My Account > Refer a Friend, or click here.

Weekly Charts
You can recieve 10 gold every week one of your pets places in the top ten in the weekly charts.

Reporting Bugs
Found a bug? Report it here! If the issue is an actual glitch, you will recieve some gold, the amount depends on the bug you've reported. You can also report typos here! You get 10 gold for every typo report.

Real Money Purchases
Gold coins can be purchased with real money here.

That's it guys :) Thanks for reading!
If I made a mistake or you want me to add something, feel free to let me know. Also, if you have tips for earning mony (exploring with pets with certain genes, buying/selling certain things, etc) feel free to post them here! 
I hope this guide helped you! Enjoy the game.

Hey everyone!

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-04 05:02:27 — Link

You forgot one way to make gold.

Reporting bugs. :)

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-10-04 05:05:20 — Link

Oh! Oops. Thanks for letting me know, I'll add that in!

Hey everyone!

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-04 05:52:17 — Link

I've gotten money from reporting in typos before. I'm not sure how much per typo report though.

Shares IP address with flatmates who might join!

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-04 14:42:45 — Link

Really? I never heard of that one Charix.

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-10-04 18:35:17 — Link

I've gotten most of my gold from bug reporting. :) Ranged from 10-50. I've never gotten less than 10 though.

This is a good guide! :) Thanks!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 19:32:00 — Link

I don't think this is up here either, but you get 10 silver for ever forum post. (I never knew this until like a few minutes ago) :P

Tori River

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-10-19 22:26:05 — Link

Oh! Forgot that, haha. Added!

Hey everyone!

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-20 12:29:52 — Link

@Peace; Yep. I got 10 gold coins for a few typos being reported in. I'm not sure how many typo reports are needed for the 10 gold though, because some of them were fixed but some of mine weren't and I forgot to count which ones were fixed at the time. x_X

Shares IP address with flatmates who might join!

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-10-29 04:58:48 — Link

Ah, okay, apparently you're right, we get rewards for typos xD

Adding!

Hey everyone!

• Aspyn
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-17 05:19:36 — Link

Sweet! Thank you!

• SphinxRiddler
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-09 20:29:37 — Link

Very very useful ^_^ Thanks!

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-07 10:36:36 — Link

I really like the guide you threw together - a few things though:

- Unless I'm missing something here, your way of selling items and pets requires that you have a Buyer already. Going through My Pets and Warehouse and selecting Sell brings you to the page where you input the name of another player who you wish to sell to. 

If you want to sell pets and items without a specific buyer in mind, you need to do this through Trading -> Items Trades and Pet Trades respectively. On both pages, you have to click Create lot to be able to sell an item / pet.

- Since the Pound reward got reduced to 500 silver in the last patch, you should probably change this amount here too. In theory this should also mean that pets won't sell for a minimum of 1000 anymore, but more likely the minimum sale price will be 500 now (once the Kami event is over and people won't need sacrificial fodder anymore). 

- Would it be worth it to mention in the paragraph about items' worth that blueprints found in the State Store are usually not worth buying at all and that one never should take those prices into account when trying to figure out how much to sell a blueprint for?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-07 19:39:36 — Link

^Yes to all. Mention the last thing for sure! Same for saving gold in the Premium shop. You can find most of those items in the Magic Shop in explore and buy things for 5k.

Also has anyone come across a suitable conversion for silver/gold? I know we can't directly send them.... but I think it is still useful as people spend them on items and such. Maybe just a general idea.

Also has anyone determined if it is OK to sell items for other site currencies (if the other site allows?) I searched the ToS and it did not say anything.. but maybe someone happens to know?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Dunefairy
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-08 04:37:27 — Link

Oh my gosh this helped me so much.  Thank you!

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla