Boards < General < Help < "Fog of War"? (Travelling Magician)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-03 20:46:37 — Link

what is the "Fog of War" that the travelling magician "uncovers"? (Item description Travelling Magician Invite)

Obviously he does so "when travelling through the portal".

Which portal? Islands?

Probably the Tactic Map central portal is meant, is this so?

And what is this Fog of War exactly?

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-10-04 02:15:11 — Link

The Fog of War is the dark black cloud that covers the entire island map. As you move your pet clears a path of vision in front of it.

It is meant for island, when you are exploring.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-04 14:58:18 — Link

oh, so it -is- about the island.

thanks a lot for this explanation, Nightingale.

(I wouldn't call that text intuitive... some kind of an clarifying editing of the item text might be maybe useful or is it just me?)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-04 17:12:00 — Link

Fog of War is universally recognized game term for the hidden distant or unexplored areas. Please check Wiki (Simulations and games part):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_of_war

As I know, there's no other term for this effect.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-10-04 18:32:02 — Link

Like Heroes of Might and Magic!!

I added it to my abbreviations/terms thread :) Seems like a good one to add.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-04 21:53:13 — Link

@Angel: but a) will a newbie really first consult the wikipedia whether a term like this exists and b) in case one newbie really does that, will the following sentence help him understand the function of this exact invite? -> "The fog of war is the uncertainty in situational awareness experienced by participants in military operations.[1] The term seeks to capture the uncertainty regarding one's own capability, adversary capability, and adversary intent during an engagement, operation, or campaign."

Reading this (if I had before posting my question), I still couldn't guess whether that "Fog" belongs to islands or whether this guest belongs to tactics/battlefield related guests and the Fog might be laying above the battlefield...

The item description currently says: "The next guest in your inn will be a Travelling Magician. He uncovers the Fog of War when passing through the portal."

Since there's a portal to islands and a portal on the PvP battlefield, I thought some kind of clarification might be useful here. 

(But maybe it's really just me.) 

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-05 02:11:09 — Link

It is sometimes very unclear, when you are trying to decide if it is the portal in tactics or the portal in exploring.

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-10-08 05:35:04 — Link

@Playerxyz: That is why I made this: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/3355

@Peace123: I agree. It can be confusing what portal people are talking about. I assume tactics now... Since no one really talks about islands much.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla