Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Sticky: Battlefield tactics and balance suggestions

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-24 04:24:41 — Link

We'd appreciate your opinion and feedback on the tactic battles. Maybe some maneuvers seem overpowered to you and need to be rebalanced? Or on the contrary, something seems to be pointless and has no use on the battlefield?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-24 18:15:50 — Link

I feel like the wait time at the portal is a bit long. I know it is meant to severely limit the amount of symurghs, but with so many on the map it seems a mess. Perhaps if I knew the reasoning behind 10hrs I would understand it a little better. But 10 seems a bit long.

I would like to see more attack maneuvers. I seem to come across so many defense moves. Maybe it's just my pets but I tend to see them quite a bit.

I'll probably come back and post more later, with more thought. I'm on the run rigth now. Thank you.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 19:49:15 — Link

I was also thinking that perhaps some of the tactics seem a slight bit too overpowered..like the 'hold the line' tactic for instance, could be a little bit less OP, just by a slight.

and also yeah,I also do think the waiting time could perhaps be shortened a bit? Because not everyone is online to make it in time.

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 19:50:43 — Link

Oh, is it possible to either add something to the watchtowers, or to remove them? Because it's just giving small extra attack to the user who has caught it, but it doesn't give anything else, maybe more vermillion mines could replace it instead? Just a suggestion.

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-24 20:59:10 — Link

stang824, we do not think that Hold the Line is overpowered, it was precisely tested. As I've said in the news thread, I've made a test on development server with the current situation on the battlefield and I've managed to defeat the player at the portal with both of your squads. I won't say how I did this exactly because I do not want to harm that player, but I can give a little hint. As I see, you're trying just to roll as many attacks as possible. Hold the Line is a tactic that resists exactly this type of attacks. You will hardly defeat it like this.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-25 13:44:38 — Link

I'd like to see more movement type skills other than the basic one. There's only one basic-type movement that everyone gets... so its just not very exciting to build a movement-based party -.-;

And movements don't really work well with either defense-dominant or attack-dominant type parties. Taking it is a risky move since it does nothing by itself except to add to the tactics score, and you lose a potential attack or defense (which gets multiplied by Leadership). With movements, you bank everything on hitting at least 4 as well as Theory of Chaos (or/and Maneuvers), and that can't be relied on for movement-attack or movement-defense hybrids (And 4 in a row for double damage really can't be relied upon in a hybrid party). I can see a full movement-dominant party working as a counter to defense-based or tactics-based party though, but a party like that would get easily shut down by attack-type parties.

Also, I'd like to see more hybrid skills. Counterstrike is one of the more interesting skills imo since it works well with both defense and attack teams and helps meld the two types together. Maybe adding movement-attack and movement-defense hybrid skills would encourage more people to run Maneuvers/Theory of Chaos teams.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-25 18:28:32 — Link

I would also like to see more hybrid skills. Especially because some pet species seem better on the field than others. Or maybe this was your intention or just some weird trend due to luck and chance that I'm noticing. I could be seeing things...

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 12:33:29 — Link

Could we maybe get a tactic move that will force the opponent to not roll any attack or defense? That would be pretty cool.

like it will completely annihilate then, and making it they can only roll any other move that is neither attack nor defense, so they could only roll maneuver, wait or any negative stuff....or is that bit too much? Lol.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-28 13:09:55 — Link

NightbaneWolf, this is a raging overpower and the current system can't support this from the technical side; you're fighting against the maneuvers that are already rolled by the defender and you can't modify them. Please try to build a model of a real battle to see all the pros and cons before offering. Also please note that if you're suggesting a tactics, you need to suggest a counter-tactics for it as well.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 14:55:55 — Link

whoops, was thinking of computer controlled...eeps, forgotten about the real player bit, oopsies.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-28 15:01:14 — Link

NightbaneWolf, we have no computer-controlled battles, all rolls are made manually. Though we're planning to add bots to tactic map in future but right now all players are real.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 15:08:08 — Link

Oh okay, sorry, I'll keep that in mind, lol, just used to fighting bots before, so this tactic map where everything is real people is rather a new experience.

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-08 15:00:25 — Link

This might not belong in this forum, but it has to do with tactics. (I'm really sorry if it doesn't)

Is there anyway that draws in tactics can count just as a draw? So your side doesn't waste energy, when technically you didn't lose.

Like the in the arena, when you are in a draw, you don't lose energy, so why cant that happen in tactic? (Just seems a bit fair).

For  actual tactics, I would love to see  more hybrid tactics and movement type tactics. (So basically what the other players would like to see). :D

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-14 00:49:55 — Link

Peace123, you lose energy for battle ended in a draw on arena too. Energy is spent for the process, not for the result. Your pet or squad fights and putting all the efforts into that battle no matter what the result will be.

As for the hybrid and movement tactics, we're open for the suggestions (please remember that they should be balanced with the rest of the tactics system).

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-10-14 03:27:08 — Link

Gryphon: Smart + Animal Instint = Intuition

You have become adept at reading your opponants move and have a 30% change to counter them. Cancel their move (or if an attack is rolled you defend, or vis versa)...

Something like that? Or:

Roc: Acute Eyesight + Spurs = Hawk Attack

This is a sneak attack that causes 2 (or 3 depending on... hmm.. agility[agility>100]?) damage to your opponant.

Are they too overpowering?

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla