Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #8

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-24 00:06:06 — Link

Guild Competition Event - Revanche

The Mechanicians Guild has developed the unique Selenium mine with the help of Rocs for several years and now the mine is exhausted. The State Portal Service geologists found another vein that lies deep below the exhausted one. The central problem that they are facing is how to reach there to continue development. A new tender is announced to find a technology to break the way through the hard rock and reach the deposit of the indispensable Selenium.

The Miners offer to use the agility and ability to see in the darkness of Pumas. The hard rock is pierced with a high number of narrow twisting channels of natural origin. Pumas can explore these channels and find the easy way to the lower deposits.
The Mechanicians think that the fastest method to make a way to the deposits is to use the acid of Cockatrices and simply dissolve the rock.

Both approaches require some extraordinary efforts from pets. Pumas must be extremely agile to find their way through insidious and dangerous channels, and Cockatrices must show high endurance to stand such body burden and produce enough acid solution.

Who are you going to help? There are 7 days for the competitors to hire enough participant pets. If you would like to participate in this event, go to Quests tab: Miners are looking for the agile Pumas while Mechanicians need the tough Cockatrices.

The winner will be the Guild which gets the better support of the Beastlords.  The winning pet species will regenerate energy twice as fast for one week!

Battlefield Quests and new levels of the buildings in your Manor

The opened portal allowed Beastlords to trade with the dwellers of Io. They are interested in exchanging some of their unique resources and blueprints into  common Europa materials.

These alien materials and knowledge allow to improve some of the technologies (sometimes in quite strange ways) that are used on Europa right now. Here's what you can build using the resources from Io:

1. Stable (lvl 5)
  2. Warehouse (lvl 6)
  3. Townhall (lvl 5)
  4. Astrologist (lvl 4)
  5. Military Academy (lvl 3)

You must reach the portal zone to deliver the goods and perform an exchange. You can fulfill one battlefield quest per day. Astrologist may help you to trade your goods for a certain item but his powers here are twice as less because of the distance between the moons.

Miscellaneous Updates

1. A new Theory of Chaos Tactics has been added. It acts just like the Maneuvers tactics but neutralizes all the other tactics used in the battle if you rolled more Movement maneuvers than your opponent.
  2. Battle Arena is redesigned to show the image of your opponents and their Genetic Power and Degeneration.
  3. Pets with manual battle applications will be automatically removed from Arena in 24 hours.
  4. The characteristics requirements for high-level buildings are increased.
  5. After the first wave of Symurghs have moved to Europe, the best individuals are taking a close look at the Beastlords and choosing who they are willing to join. The more battles have you won while defending the portal, the better Symurgh will join you. Every battle adds 15% probability to get the positive and avoid the negative genes (but no more than 50% in total). Also the number of battle wins affect received rating points (3 points for every victory, basic value is is 3 points) and silver (1000 for every battle win, basic value is 4000).

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 01:55:13 — Link

Ah, I love the new updates! Especially the one about better Symurghs joining when you defend the portal from others - now it's even more rewarding! (too bad I'm still too weak for the battlefield myself..)

You guys are really amazing for coming up with so much new stuff *in awe*

edit: has the intelligence requirement for Vermillion Golem been increased too or has it always been 100? oO

I killed the thread.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 01:59:26 — Link

Now I'll just sit back and watch how many people pick out my pets I'm the battle arena since now it's easier to tell which is the easier pet to fight,lol...there is alot of scrolling to do on there now,lol XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 02:03:09 — Link

Lol and also I don't think the new arena update will help me especially, it's like the same pets go up to right ever so often and it ain't like I hadn't been checking in, lol, I've memorized like nearly all of the old pets on the arena, lol, right now it's like one glance and quick recognization of the pet and if they are good to fight or not,lol XD

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-24 03:26:34 — Link

Woo so many updates. I'm just checking in, but I'll be back later to check them all out! Thanks for the updated Stable! :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 13:18:47 — Link

stang824, I wouldn't call it being easier to tell - just quicker. I usually checked stats of few available pets anyway. Besides, the new design doesn't even tell you stats - just the level - and lvl20 pet with awesome genes may be stronger than lvl30 pet with bad ones, so if you really want to pick the easiest opponent you still have to click and check.

But I agree there's a lot of scrolling now ;D At least for lvl 1-10 pets it looks really crowded and it actually was more convenient without having to scroll the whole page of pets to get to the 'Accept Challenge' button ;)

I killed the thread.

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 16:30:40 — Link

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to give better symurghs to those who are able to keep the portal for long periods of time. It's giving me elitist vibes, since there's some people who have better pets than everyone else who CAN'T be fought off the portal, and every attempt to do so that fails simply makes them get better symurghs? I only started playing half a year ago.

Is there some way to put a time limit on how long you can be at the portal? Because it's not fair if someone's hoarding symurghs. Or maybe not so much time limit, as accelerate the negative movements if you're at a good place. For the portal, every 30 hours, it ends up being like degeneration for breeding, and most good rolls turn into bad ones? I want to try to get these new items myself for these buildings, and a good symurgh, but my pets simply aren't good enough. I don't have enough silver to buy better pets either, though I'm trying.

This is making the tactics map very frustrating and not fun at all when there's one person hoarding the best spot. Plus the fact that the more they win against us, the better tactics they can use to keep winning. This seems very unfair since it's all geared towards making someone better than everyone else and keeping them better despite everyone else's efforts to try and beat them. It's making someone untouchable. Can a rework be done please? It was bad enough knowing that there's always someone better than me, but to have someone literally rub it in the faces of those around them is extremely bad sportsmanship. Especially since this person kept track of when people got to the portal and deliberately knocked them off right before they got the full 10 hours. One person was minutes away from it and it happened.

This is ultimately a game, where people are supposed to have fun, but it's making me and several others not want to play because a few people are ruining it for others. Can the penalties for being at the portal for a long period of time PLEASE be harsher? The person at the portal currently has been there for SEVENTY HOURS.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-24 18:45:06 — Link

zaverxi, battlefield is planned for the players who already have some progress in breeding pets. It's a PvP zone and player can find a use for all of his / her breeding achievements there. So yes, better PvP abilities are rewarded with better bonuses.

The game is not more than half a year old at all, so you're one of our veterans from the first wave of players. Thanks for staying with us all this time :-)

We're not going to implement the time limits right now. There's a controlling feature already that was coded to make holding the zone for long periods of time harder. The decreasing discipline forces the players to make rerolls, and since there's a lot of randomness when rolling maneuvers, they can't roll the perfect combos every day.

The player who holds the portal is standing there for 40 hours, not for 70. I'm not sure why you tried to give us the wrong information if to metion that we can easily check the logs.

If you're concerned about Hold the Line tactics that he / she uses, there's several variants how to defeat it. Some of the squads that surround portal right now can easily deal with it. Also you may have noticed that we've added a new tactics maneuver recently that neutrilizes all other tactics. Did anyone try to use it? You're welcome to offer tactics and balance updates in the Suggestions thread.

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-24 18:47:35 — Link

Thanks for your opinion about the battlefield!
I'm not sure what is the problem with the tactics combo of the player who holds the portal.
I've made a test on development server and defeated his squad from the first try with 3 of 4 squads that surround the portal at this moment. I didn't change any pets there and only altered the maneuvers that available for these pets.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-24 21:56:59 — Link

quote: "... Especially since this person kept track of when people got to the portal and deliberately knocked them off right before they got the full 10 hours. One person was minutes away from it and it happened. ..."

I see the 70-hours-claim was answered by Angel, I'd like to add a sentence about this one. According to the person this is not the case. She was not following the treaty thread and attacked when she has seen fit, not by purpose short before the time ran out... Please don't forget that the treaty thread is not part of the game rules, it's an agreement between players - she was not obliged to follow it.
If I'm allowed to do that as a player not yet involved in the battlefield, but as an interested forum reader, I'd like to appeal to our sense of rationality and logics and propose to concentrate on the tactics FAQ instead of spreading gossips and suspicions of intentional planned provocations

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-25 12:29:15 — Link

@Angel

how do you get these new items? I'm confused, is it from the symurgh portal?

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla