Boards < General < General Chat < Warning to Newbies Like Myself

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-22 16:38:37 — Link

Please be aware there are players who will challenge you with a high level beast.  I checked the person who challenged my Nameless I had just received from the pound....it was a level 11 dragon named Quartz owned by HipHop1234.  Be sure you click on the challenger picture and verify they are the same level as your beast.  Hopefully, when the game goes live this may be addressed so you can only challenge someone within 2-3 levels of your beast.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-22 17:16:34 — Link

Arena and explore have 5 level opponent range. Private challenges do not need it because everything is controlled manually by player and you can always check your opponent. It would be a strange and even negative restriction there. For example, I made a bet with another player and want to know who is more powerful: my level 1 GP 3 unicorn with magic mirror or his level 20 GP 0 firebreathing dragon. How am I supposed to do this with level restriction?

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-22 17:23:46 — Link

I just think it might be detrimental if others,  who may not have played other games and may not be aware of the option to verify the level of the challenger, all of the sudden find themselves in a match with someone 10 levels above themselves.  It may turn out to be frustrating and they may move to a different game as no one likes to be taken advantage of.  It might be better if this is addressed in the tutorial or in a FAQ newbie section.  Just a thought.  :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-22 17:53:43 — Link

Ok, we will add the level of the opponent directly to the body of the message with the next update. But please note that level tells almost nothing about the power of the pet. You need to check pet's genetics and Genetic Power anyways to estimate your chances. Otherwise your level 50 can easily lose a battle with level 1.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 00:43:03 — Link

hiphop was active in the forum today, so it was not hard to find the "aggressor".

the high-level biest  was this here http://beastkeeper.com/pet/112080 :-)

if you ask me, Quartz is a rather harmless biest, wild pet, level 11, 2 red stats, 4 losses and actually the win we are talking about was his first one so far... really, nothing to worry about.

the pets on level 1 and 2 in Galerane's stable have all 0 losses and s/he has pets on levels up to 17, so I don't see a case here. Quartz had (and needed) lots of luck to win his first and so far only win.

I did not get a direct challenge from a player yet, but I am sure a link to the challenging pet is implemented in a message,

so - to check the challenging pet is really our own responsibility, I'd say.

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 01:53:28 — Link

I am a she but this is irrelevant.  As I stated above, I didn't accept the challenge on my just then adopted from the pound, nameless, level 1 puma.  I did check, but then I have played other games and knew to do so.  I am simply trying to help others who may not know this.  Yes, it is our responsibility to check, however, that being said, if you have never played a game of this format...then you might not know to check the challenger.  You might simply think that the other player's beast is your level as well.

• garnetrising
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 01:57:03 — Link

Okay, back up here, guys. I think she was using her example to advise new players to check the opponent before blindly accepting. Nothing more, guys. That's it. It was a bit of friendly advice. It's similar to people who have no idea that you can check the level of enemies on a island by hovering over them and someone sharing that advice with other players.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 06:49:12 — Link

OK, so there was no lost fight, no accepted challenge (I don't see that in the starting post). So, it's a pure warning that there is no level limit for direct challenges and a reminder to check the challenging pet's page for details.

Well yes, if direct challenges are more common or can be expected to be more common when the game goes live, a general reminder about this in the faq section would be probably not a bad idea.

(For a moment I thought the only win of a poor lvl11-dragon with 2 red stats would cause serious forum issues... :-)

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 09:31:54 — Link

Dunno if II won or not, but I accepted their fighting request.

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla