Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < E-mail and site notifications

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-19 12:42:38 — Link

I've noticed that auction notification are sometimes sent to BK inbox and sometimes to my e-mail. I've also found out that the topic was previously discussed here and that it's made like that on purpose. I see this idea has worked for some time now but I personally find it mostly inconvenient.

Firstly, because I like to have all my notifications in one place and not to have to guess which inbox it went to each time.

Secondly, I'm sure everyone uses their e-mail differently - some of you may check it every 5 minutes on the phone or even get auto-notifications like gmail's but some check it about once a day and treat it more like traditional mail than instant messenger. For me, there's higher chance I'll log into BK after some offline time than that I'll check my e-mail - yes, that's true ;) So it would me more convenient if I didn't have to check both BK AND my e-mail every time I log in again.

My suggestion is to let users choose if they want the notifications to go to their site inbox, to their e-mail or to both.

I feel kind of bad for suggesting this because I'm aware that coding this the way it is now (checking if the user's online) took some work and what I propose is to actually get rid of it.. That's why I'd like to know other's opinions as well. It's not like I'm saying 'I don't like it, you should change it!' - I want to know if there are more people who share my thoughts - if I'm the only one I'll just get used to it ;)

Sorry for the long post and thank you for taking your time to read and reply!

I killed the thread.

• garnetrising
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-20 00:50:53 — Link

I haven't had any experience with the auction notification system yet, but I'm inclinded to agree with you. It's a nice option to have it work the way it does now, but it doesn't mean that it works for everybody. :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-29 03:16:35 — Link

Thank you for your suggestion. We will add an ability to turn out email notifications for auctions like it is already done with other kinds of notifications.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla