Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #7

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-18 00:16:39 — Link

New building - Astrologist

A young enigmatic man has come to your land trying to avoid the social discontent. He looks for a place to stay and work and he is ready to pay you with his talent if you will give him a shelter and provide with instruments.

Astrologist allows you to focus on collecting a specific resource or finding a certain item. He increases the chances of finding the chosen object by 3, 4 and 5 times depending on the building level. You can buy the blueprints for Astrologist (lvl 1) in the State Store.

Official PSD bases for all species

The PSDs with separate layers for shadows, highlights and color are now available for all species. There's a transparency lock on every layer so you can just draw without creating new layers and tinkering with blending modes. Click the image to download PSD for the needed species. PNGs are still available for download on the Skin Upload page for players who work in different software and can't use PSDs.

Miscellaneous Updates

1. Demo Squad Energy Packs are withdrawn from the game.
  2. You can add polls to your threads in the community boards.
  3. Pets that reached their breeding limit will be automatically removed from Breeding Offers and My Males lists.
  4. Expand Stable Scroll price is reduced to 10
  5. Amnesia Potion price is reduced to 5

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-18 01:27:16 — Link

Wow everything looks so cool! But I don't rally understand PSD bases...

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-18 01:45:42 — Link

Peace123, many players were asking us for PSDa saying that they do not understand one-layer PNGs :) I prefer to work with single layer myself because it gives me instant control over the lighting. But a lot of players like just to color the base without being afraid to lose the details.

• JazzyNBluez
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-18 01:50:09 — Link

I could not get the Unicorn, Cockatrice or Puma bases. This is the type error I got for them.

The requested URL /resources/images/base/pums_base.psd was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at beastkeeper.com Port 80

Thanks Angel  :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-18 01:53:32 — Link

JazzyNBluez, thanks a lot for pointing this! I fixed the urls there.

By the way, all of these PSDs are available on the Skin Upload page too without typos :)

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-18 02:12:07 — Link

Just wondering about the price of squad energy packs:

if squad energy packs cost 30, and energy drinks cost 5 Gold coins. With that info, you could say it is like buyinfo 6 energy drinks. But there are only 4 animals in a squad, so why wouldn't you just buy 4 energy drinks? 

Also the scheme, squad energy pack, you only need 3 energy drinks. So really if you bought 6 energy drinks, and made them into squad energy packs, you would have two packs, for 30 gold coins, instead of 1, for 30 gold coins.

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-18 02:35:59 — Link

Peace123, you're right, it should be 15 Gold coins instead of 30. I just updated it to 15. It's planned to be priced as 3 normal Energy Potions. Sorry, there was mistake.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-18 04:31:07 — Link

Yeah, I was thinking that about the energy packs, thanks Angel

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-18 16:44:15 — Link

Nice! PSD's! This makes me so happy. I proffer multiple layers so I don't need to adjust too many things. I love my clipping masks!! :)

Also I'm very happy the price has been reduced for amnesia potions. Thank you. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-19 05:47:34 — Link

Did you guys just change the color of the arena?

Tori River

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-21 01:45:17 — Link

Peace123, yes, the battle popup and the arena were updated to match the battle popup at the battlefiels.

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-16 05:50:36 — Link

this game rules!!!!!

Myrtlecedar305 <3

If a kid was beating a dog with a bat, 49% would stop and stare, and 50% would walk away. I am the 1% who would grab the bat and beat the kid.

92% of the girls would cry if Justin Bieber fell off a cliff and died. 7% of the girls would scream and jump off the cliff after him. 1% of the girls would have been the ones who pushed him off the cliff. Put this on your signature if you were the 1% that pushed him off.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-16 11:30:22 — Link

Awesome sauce  ^_^

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• funkystuff260
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-29 11:11:37 — Link

wow how did you find it i want it becase it is sooooooooo coooll!PLEASE TELL ME HOW FOR GOT IT BECAES I WANT ONE REALLY BADLY!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla