Boards < General < General Chat < New features pre-release overview

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-08-24 22:07:57 — Link

Many of our players are wondering about updates, so we decided that it will be a good idea to make a small overview and post some information about new features. I do not post it in the news since this is not a release and these features aren't introduced yet.

The release of the tactic map and first pet is planned in 2 weeks.

The scouts discovered a new island filled with the traces and ruins left from the Old Empire. The Beastlords will compete with each other to control the key zones on this island. But now pets won’t fight alone, they will be united into squads of 4 pets. The battle system is completely different from the one that is used by single pets on Arena. Battle is based on rolling and re-rolling tactical action "dice" to build the most powerful combos from the resulting values. Basically each pet has the same tactical actions available, but depending on the genetics, abilities and stats it can obtain special positive and negative actions. Probably this description isn't clear enough but the mechanics is quite simple in action. The closest system that comes to mind is dice poker The Witcher with tactical actions instead of figures.

There will be 3 main benefits which may draw the attention of a Beastlord:

1. There are 3 lesser key zones on the island which produce vermillion. The Beastlord whose squad controls such zone will get vermillion until another squad will force him out.
  2. The central key zone is a source of rate which affects the prices on the auction. How this works: for example, a lord buys a pet for 1000 silver coins but pays only 900. Although the pet seller gets the full price for his pet.
  3. The  central key zone is a door to other moons where new pet species can be obtained. An ancient portal lies in the heart of the forgotten island. A traveller who dares to step through the doorway will see the fascinating alien worlds, full with thriving and strange lifeforms. The scouts reporting about new wonderful animals that may drive the attention of the Beastlords.

Some artworks and brief description of 2 new species.

Symurgh

Half-canine and half-avian, she is a quintessence of life and prosperity, fascinating the people with grace and mesmerizing colors. It's a giant creature that is big enough to deal with a Dragon - the size of Symurgh is close to that of an adult Roc. Benevolence is an essential part of her nature, so before she decides to help you, you'll need to convince her that your intentions are good. Her powers are fertility, purification and regeneration.

Throdama

The name of this graceful yet deadly creature originates from the long forgotten language of our ancestors and means "jointed doe". Though some appearance features and moves can be misleading, the closest relatives of Throdamas are insects. Like many other gigantic animal species, the ancestors of Throdamas were created artificially by the human kind to help in the exploration and mastering of the alien worlds. Great strength provided by big size and advanced intelligence made them irreplaceable for the mine works, scouting, harvesting and defense of settlements and bases on Ganymede. Although the human civilization has disappered while Throdamas continued their evolution developing different kinds of forms and successfully taking many ecological niches. The research group has found five morphs of Throdamas: Warrior, Worker, Scout, Defender and Harvester. Each form is named according to its specialization and unique abilities.

• MissShadowHunter
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-28 09:52:17 — Link

Oh my! I love the Symurghs and you can bet I will work as hard as I can to win and get them! I can't wait! <3

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-08-28 22:33:59 — Link

+1 for Witcher reference. :)

SYMURGH!!! *Whines* I need this.. Oh my...

Will these new lovelies be only obtained through the beastmap??? When will we be able to color their .PSD's? :D I cannot wait!

I'm so excited for all these updates to come into play!

For the squads... will it be our own pets or can we partner with other users?

Thank you! :) Glad to see that we have some cool updates coming!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-28 22:55:52 — Link

Awesome, I'm especially awaiting the first new pet ^_^

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-08-28 23:03:58 — Link

Yes, right now the tactical map will be the only source for the new pets. PSDs will be available at the day of release to avoid the coincidences with official skins.

Squads will include only player's own pets. Tactical map is competition between players, the only opponents there are other Beastlords.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-08-28 23:05:42 — Link

I must build my army then!!

I'm very much excited for this new aspect of the game. :) Thank you!

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-28 23:18:39 — Link

I've already got my squad set up XD

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-08 04:19:51 — Link

Slowly building mine. Will stats, genes or noble be important in thisnew  system?

Also yay!  We are getting closer to the release!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-08 18:38:11 — Link

Stats, genes and genetic power affect the tactic maneuvers that are available to pet. So yes, they are important for winning the battles.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-09 02:06:59 — Link

It's Monday, so is it this Monday you meant? Lol,  was actually sitting around here waiting cause I thought it was like, this week's Monday XD

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-09 02:35:34 — Link

Wow! The two new specials look so cool!!!

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• MissShadowHunter
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-09 18:25:31 — Link

It's been two weeks, I want  to start a new pet collection, the suspense is killing me! Stop making me love this site so much!

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-09 18:40:03 — Link

@MissShadowHunter maybe it's next week, or sometime this week, but I wouldn't bug Angel if I were you so much, she's busy doing some IRL work.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-09 18:54:33 — Link

The update is today :) We're preparing everything for it now and will go down to maintenance mode soon to launch the new features.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-09 19:04:47 — Link

so early maintenance mode?

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla