Boards < General < Creative < Clouds on custom skin?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zedh
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-15 15:29:22 — Link

This is my first skin for this site and I think there might be a few problems with it (?).

Name: Calamity Descends

First off, any opinions on how it looks, regardless of whether it gets accepted or not? I think it didn't turn out that bad, except the clouds. I don't have a clue how to do clouds. Please help if you have an advice :)

But are clouds like that even acceptable? I didn't find anything regarding restrictions on surroundings, and the clouds and lightning are sort of part of her. She is supposed to represent the storm or rather a storm harbinger, and it's quite difficult to convey that without having a bit of surrounding with her. However I can still remove them if they're really that hopelessly ugly or completely unacceptable.

The second thing is, that I used colour inversion at the very beginning. I found the effect of it so very fitting for the theme and didn't realise there was a ban on that until I was practically half finnished. But I edited shading, highlights and a few other things completely, it really doesn't look much like the plainly inverted image anymore.

Comments, opinions and help are much appreciated!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-08-16 19:53:07 — Link

Clouds and inversion are appropriate parts here. The only small concern is rough shadow edge where it's cut by the picture frame below the hind legs. It's not visible when the skin is viewed through graphical editor or viewer. But it's obvious here where we have no border at the picture edge and the uniform background fills all of the page body.

• Zedh
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-16 21:01:49 — Link

Yes, you're right. I didn't see them in the editor, but I'm quite sure the edges are fixed now. Thank you!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-08-18 20:18:05 — Link

That looks pretty neat. I think this would be an awesome theme on a Roc. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Zedh
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-19 23:05:22 — Link

Thank you :) A Roc version of it sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely try some designs when I've finished the Gryphon I'm working on at the moment.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-08-25 04:54:13 — Link

<p>Wonderful! I look forward to the Gryphon of it too.</p>

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla