Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Clean Out Battles

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Dragonmaster97
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-05 17:17:07 — Link

I thought of this because whenever I go battling with my lv9 - 19 pets, "Grass Cloud" shows up on manual battle. After waiting for 20 minutes for their owner to show up and accept or deny the challange, I decided to go see if they were online only to find that they hadn't been - for months! I think that any manual battles should be automatically removed if the owner of said pet has been offline for a certain amount of time, say maybe 2 hours, and the owner can be sent a notification so that they can go put their pets back into battle if they want to next time they get online.  Maybe I'm just a little OCD, but having battles available that you're likely to be waiting more than an hour for seems pretty... well, bad. Thoughts?

Looking for level one male and female unicorns caught from the wild or obtained from the tutorial. PM me if you have one so I can check some other things, and if I like what I see then we can try to work out a deal for it. c: Though do keep in mind that I'm new here and don't have a lot to offer. x3

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-09 09:48:54 — Link

I wouldn't go for aa couple of hours, or even a day. Two things to keep in mind: 1) What are the odds of someone getting on and battling your pet in only an hour or two? The internet doesn't bridge the gap between timezones, and even people in the same timezone often have different day schedules. 2) What if somebody's schedule doesn't allow for an hour of internet/gaming time in one chunk? Do they just not get to do manual battles?

I've played games before where user-owned pets could manually battle each other without both people having to be online at the same time. You log on for fifteen minutes before you go to work, and set up a manual battle offer. Sometime mid-morning for you, someone accepts the offer, and does their first move. You get back on during lunch break, see that the battle has begun, and do your first and second moves. Come end of your shift, hey look, they've finished up round 2 and done their action for round three. And so on. There can be a reasonable disconnect between players' turns without breaking the game or driving (non-hyper-impatient) people up a wall.

I do like the overall idea, though. How about a week? If the player hasn't logged on in a week, have the program automatically close any and all open manual battle offers for that account. That way there's time for someone to find and accept the battle, there's no need to worry about being online at the exact same time as the other person, but the battle page still isn't cluttered up by annoying no-shows.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-18 14:13:45 — Link

Manual battles were set to be cleared once a day after this suggestion. Thank you.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla