Boards < General < General Chat < Cockatrice is similar to this here chicken?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Bagoas
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-25 19:21:07 — Link

I was looking through chicken breeds (just... don't ask), and came across the 'phoenix chicken.'  Apparently it's a high-maintenance ancient Japanese breed.

..... First of all, that is one boss chicken.

But really, does anyone else see the tail feather similarity?  I mean, it's not quite the same, so it's probably a coincidence... but it's close... which is pretty cool.

Hi, my name is Bagoas-- but you can call me any time.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-26 00:50:31 — Link

Haha that's cool! :D That rooster can be proud of his tail feathers! Our run-of-the-mill roosters would be green with envy for sure!

And yes, first thing I thought when I saw the pictures was that the tail looks extremely similar to the Cockatrice :D

• Morgana
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-07 08:39:21 — Link

Yes, they and their tails looks pretty similar! Maybe creators of lineart of cockatrice inspired from this chicken breed? :D

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-07 12:41:58 — Link

Cockatrices are half-chicken, so their appearence resembles a chicken too. Well, I wasn't thinking of phoenix breed when developed the concept for our Cockatrice but I've seen a lot of chicken breeds at the exhibitions, and maybe this was subconscious because I know about phoenix roosters :) Basically it was just a long rooster tail to impress the partner on the mating dances.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-08 04:16:15 — Link

Omg, that looks like amazing!! I want one... :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla