Boards < General < Help < Pet Color Rarity Question

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• severus
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-18 06:04:07 — Link

Hello,

I'm rather new here, and I was wonder how you can tell the Rarity of the color of your pet. I looked at the list of Skins and Genes section, but I'm a bit unclear on how that goes...

For example, I have a Gryphon named Gelanor who is ocelot in color, and on the skins list it has Ocelot under A4 Piebald/B5 Cats, but on the Genes list it has Cat - 10% Frequency and Piebald - 20% Frequency.

I'm curious as to how you find out if your pet's color is rare or not, as I see many users boasting/selling/looking for rare colored pets.

Thank you,

Severus

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-18 07:56:45 — Link

The best example I have is with the black unicorn, the rarest coloration of unicorn. This is determined by multiplying the percents together. You first have to change them to decimal form. Another easy way is to find the lowest percentage for the genes, and theres your rarer colorations.

For dragons the rarest coloration is the striped silver. For gryphons its the snow leopard. For puma its the white tiger. For cockatrice it striped white. For Roc its the white gryphalcon.

• severus
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-19 01:13:03 — Link

Thank you!

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-27 12:49:52 — Link

Well that's interesting, I want 1 of every color of everything & right now I'm trying to breed an ocelot gryphon with no luck. I think I need about 10 colors before I have them all. I have lots of black unicorns.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-06-28 16:13:39 — Link

Hey, I'm a gryphon breeder mostly. I'm trying to get all the skins starting in certain types. Black dominant is the rarest, then cat. Sparrowhawk, barn own, kite, and the bicolor are the most rare, snow leopard being the rarest. Out of cats it seems that ocelot is fairly rare- though black is the rarest. Depending on the genes and length of lineage I would buy such a pet for 4-7k. I mostly look at skins at the moment. I do try to focus on nice genes. But I really want to diversify the gryphon gene pool... This is -not- going from the skin frequency page. This is from my experiences as a gryphon breeder and collector. I look at the gryphon auctions nearly every day. I rather go by this than statistics. The statistics take every gryphon into account, not what gryphons are actually on the market (I mean people hoard and people are inactive, so I go by market standards). I hope that was able to help!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-06-28 16:15:52 — Link

* I can't hit the edit button on my phone. So sorry for the repost. As far as telling if its rare creep on the auctions and forums. The skin list is great and amazing... But like I said it doesn't show what's in the market if that is what you are looking for. That being said the skin list is a GREAT place to start.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla