Boards < General < Help < Pound counter?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-16 01:30:38 — Link

I noticed today that the pet counter in the pound is gone. Is there a reason for this? Simply removing the counter wouldn't (and hasn't) affected the lag of trying to actually use the pound, so I can only assume it's not related to that?

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-24 11:28:41 — Link

Could I get an answer to this, please, Angel? I'm really curious!

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-27 06:26:30 — Link

I noticed that too & asked that it be put back & a next page arrow put in, it's rather annoying to get around.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-06-27 18:38:20 — Link

The pound count doesn't contain any gameplay info and do not affect game process but causes a lot of discussions. We decided to remove it in order to avoid further repeating explanations why it doesn't affect any of the game layers and our software and hardware load.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-27 20:48:38 — Link

I see...

You're aware of the lag because of so many pets in there though, right? Are there any plans for that?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-27 21:29:28 — Link

I'm pretty sure that Angel just tried to say that this isn't because of the amount of pets in there. It would seem a bit silly to me too - of course, I'm no coder, I have no clue how this works, but seeing what my PC can do with thousands of images, I would say it's rather unlikely that it makes a difference to the game server if there are 100 or 10.000 pets to choose a few random ones from. My guess is that there is another reason for the pound being laggy.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-27 21:53:38 — Link

If the amount of pets in the pound has nothing to do with the lag, I'd really love to hear why it actually is lagging. Mostly though, I want to know if it's being looked into and is going to be fixed.

I'll admit though, I feel like removing the pound counter to 'prevent discussion' is a weird move, but eh. If the amount of pets had nothing to do with it, she could have always gone into said discussions and mentioned that it was happening because of X or Y and not the amount of pets in the pound. But as far as I can see, there's been a lack of communication, so I'm not surprised people are speculating.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-06-28 00:19:36 — Link

We increased the speed of Pound loading if this was the problem that was disturbing users. It wasn't connected with the amount of pets as you see. If you want to know the reason, it's the following: all pound pets were queried on mysql side and then 15 random pets were selected on php side. Now random pets are selected on mysql side, this is much faster.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-28 00:29:37 — Link

Yes, the lag was pretty bad before and made looking around the pound a grueling task. But it seems to be loading much better now, so thank you for fixing it!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla