Boards < General < Help < Answered

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 23:58:21 — Link

Uhm, I just noticed that I have 15 gold coins on my account.  I had zero before then, and I haven't done anything to go out and earn them. xD  Not that I'm complaining to have them, but... :p  I didn't earn them.  How did I get them? ;;

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 00:01:02 — Link

I have a suggestion up right now for a quest timer.

-stalks this thread for info as well-

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 00:34:27 — Link

Quests lasts 4 real-time hours, this time is the same for all quests.

The countdown for quests is already implemented thanks to Hilary's suggestion :)

Thanks for suggestion too!

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:29:09 — Link

Posting a new question, I hope reusing threads as to not make too many seperate threads is okay.  c:

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:52:21 — Link

No, there isn't a place yet for answers. But the site is in the making, and with all the helps we receive from the community it sure is growing to something bigger and amazing, so don't worry!

and just buy a new one. You can buy them next to the map. You can have as many as you want, so if any runs away just buy another.

Though I can't answer your first question about the percents. Only Angel can answer it.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:53:14 — Link

If the catcher meets the pet of proper class at his location, he tries to catch it. The chance of catching depends on the sum of pet characteristics. Absolutely average pet with each characteristic of 35 (sum is 210) has 70% chance to be caught. If the sum is more than 210, the chance decreases. It's harder to catch pet in the den and easier on the watering place (by 20%). Another modifier is astrology: hover the current month on the Map to see the effect.

If the catcher succeded, new pet will automatically appear in your lair. Freshly caught wild pets require 3 days to be tamed. After the taming is finished, you can interact with the pet as usual.

If the catcher met a pet which is not his specialization, he will try to hide. The success of hiding depends on the pet's senses. In average, observers are has 3 times more chances to hide than normal catchers.

Probably you will want to build Cartographers' Guild if you want to focus on catching wild pets. This building allows to see the current positions of wild pets. Please note that these positions will change on the next turn, though it's quite easy to predict where the pet will be on the next turn.

P.S. Going to move this information to FAQ.

P.P.S. Reusing threads is ok :)

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 22:43:12 — Link

Thank you Fya and Angel for the help. :D  I love gathering all this information. @.@  I'm already a huge fan of this site.  So with that being said, I have another new question. xD  I guess I'll just keep reusing this board.  :p

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 23:15:37 — Link

The quests are daily tasks. You will get a new set of quests after daily maintenance (10 PM GMT).

The number of quests doesn't depend on premium subscription. Each user will have 7 daily quests after constructing Embassy.

P.S. It's amazing to know that you like our game, thanks for the feedback :)

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 23:22:38 — Link

Ahhh, okay, got it.  I thought I read somewherea bout premium getting more, but it probably was the Embassy thing I read instead and just mixed them up. xD  My memory is awful.

And no problem, Angel!  c:  This is a very fun game, my absolute favorite part is the Explore and the surprise of breeding the pets.  

I do have another question though. Regarding the State Shop, does it ever restock with new items? Or are those set in stone? I'm curious because I'd like to start saving to build that Cartographers Guild mentioned earlier in this board, as well as an Inn.

I know you can find some blueprints in Explore, I find a ton of them but I'm too broke right now for any. xD  But I'm just wodering if the shop restocks them at all or are those that are in there going to be there for a while?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 02:22:35 — Link

There are no automatic restocks for the State Shop right now. The recipes which are available will stay there for a long time. We will add other recipes to the shop if the players will encounter problems in finding them.

Please remember that recipe isn't the only thing which you need to start construction of a new building. For example, for the Cartographers Guild you will need 50 Cuttlefish, 200 Stone, 200 Wood, 1 Telescope (a craftable item), 1 Compass (a craftable item), 10000 coins and a pet with at least 60 Agility and Intelligence. The Inn is a bit easier because it doesn't require crafting special items, but it still needs a lot of usual construction materials. You can check the full list of recipes with all requirements here: http://beastkeeper.com/recipes-list

It's supposed that players will find the recipes while exploring and gathering materials for construction, and trade the spare recipes for the ones which they don't have.

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 05:19:27 — Link

Oh awesome, so the craftable items are used in recipes for the buildings. I was wondering what their purpose was.  Thanks for clearing that up for me, Angel!  

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 06:15:42 — Link

The Magic Bomb in your Inventory is a Magic Hunter on the catchers Map. You can use him to catch a pet of any species, he doesn't have class restrictions.

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 06:19:54 — Link

Oh okay! That makes sense. I wondered how I got another Magic Hunter.  I have more questions but I think I'll just wait things out. xD  I've got so much information already.  @.@

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 06:24:40 — Link

Please feel free to ask any questions you have :)

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 06:52:13 — Link

Okay, only if I have the green light to go wild with silly questions. XD

1. Regarding quests. So, right now I have a quest that states I need a female dragon with a fearsome look to do so and so.  Are we allowed to borrow pets to do quests? Say, my friend has a female dragon, could she send me that dragon to accomplish my quest and then I send it back to her when the quest is done?  How do you even send pets?  Is it self explanatory on some page I haven't seen yet? xD There's a gift pet link on pet profile, just saw that. x_x

2. Regarding genes. Only because I haven't tested it yet because I'm greedy with money: is it 100 coins for each vermillion used? Or if I choose the study all genes button, will it take away all the vermillion and ONLY 100 coins?  So say I have 10 vermillion, and I use it all, is it 10 vermillion + 100 coins...or 10 vermillion + 1000 coins?  

3. Is there a list planned in the future to state the individual value of items?  Because I have so much stuff that isn't in the State shop, so I'm wondering that, if I were to sell it, what would get me the best value for my items since I don't have a general price range for things.  And speaking of selling, are user shops going to be implemented futher on in the game?  I know we're only in beta so I'm not expecting the site to have opened up with everything available already. I'm only curious to know what's in the future.  I'm excited to see the site grow, but I don't want to throw up suggestions of things that are already planned.  xp

I know I had more questions, but they only come to me when I'm exploring the site and then I forget them. xD  /stops

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla