Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Suggestion for Reserve

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• UnicornMaster
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-30 08:35:28 — Link

I have an idea for how to make the Reserve a more popular idea and encourage more people to strive to build one.  At the beginning of the day, if you have any creatures in the Reserve, one of them will stop by and "visit,"and:

1. if you have an open slot in your Stables, they'll return to you,
  2. they give you a random item (the higher the level, the better your chances will be to get really good items),
  3. they'll "help you" by making it easier to catch creatures similar to it (e.g.-if it's a Unicorn, you get a 15% better chance for finding/catching a Unicorn and/or 10% better chance of finding/catching a mammal),
  4. they'll "help you" by making it easier to train/tame/age/level-up creatures of the same species, or
  5. something else (?).

For option #2, think of it like the "Pick-Up" ability from the Pokémon video games. For those who aren't familiar with it, you can get a feel for what I'm talking about by looking at this page from Serebii.net's website (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pickup.shtml).  As you can see by the chart, really low-level creatures wouldn't have access to all of the items and even high-level have a small chance of getting really rare items.  Common items (e.g. - stone, wood, food, etc.) would be the most common of items found (maybe a 50-60% chance) and rare items (like gold coin items) would be rare, even for level 50 creatures (maybe no more than a 5% chance).

- Clara

Unicorn Master of the Beast Bettering & Adoption Program.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-30 09:41:58 — Link

I love the idea, except no.1 i don't support. Usually people put pets in the reserve for a reason (i know i do) and if you suddenly had to worry that one of them might end up taking up stable space again that you had possibly planned for something else? Meh. I would just end up sticking it right back into the reserve, so what would the point be?

however i would especially love to see 3 and 4!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-30 20:36:31 — Link

<p>I would certainly support number 4. I wish this could happen. Even for non-reserve pets.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>If you have played Felisfire there is an option when hunting to bring two Feli. This allows the duo (usually a higher level pet and a lower level one) to tackle higher level pets. Levelling can be a pain. And once you hit level 50 there isn't too much to do but breed and explore. It would be neat if these pets could mentor other pets. Perhaps they could get a fraction of the XP. Or perhaps they take extra food, or it becomes an addition to the ridinghall.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I also like the idea of helping to build a structure under some sort of mentoring program. Perhaps they can only offer a fraction of the needed stats and the other pet could get a part of the experience.</p>

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Android!!!
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-05 00:52:20 — Link

Support

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-05 05:52:42 — Link

This idea is nice, but it's overpowered. If you upgrade your stable you could get a lot of items at once. If you're low on inventory space you may not want items. Items PLUS better chances at catching pets is a huge advantage! It also does not encourage more pets being put in the reserve as a single pet at level 50 in the reserve would be all you need to get the most out of a species. It also discourages getting rid of low level junker pets as you'd have a chance of those returning to you instead of the high level ones.

I tossed out a different idea to help the reserve here: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/2735

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla