Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Restart Button

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Crosmere
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 11:29:15 — Link

I have discovered a player(who prefers to remain anonymous) who is unhappy with the way their game is going. They would like to start their game over again since they cannot make another account or delete their current one.

I believe that to solve problems such as this one we could consider having a 'restart account' button on our account settings. This would send us back to the starting screen where we choose our first pet's breed and gender. They could then just start all over, but would not do the tutorial or get the items from it.

Just an idea, and not even totally mine. Some other online games have this button, so why shouldn't this one?

Thank you for looking at this topic.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 22:56:30 — Link

I don't understand why they can't just get rid of all their current pets and start fresh?

Though I'm betting if the user contacted Angel directly and asked for their account to be deleted/purged so they could start a new one, she would probably comply.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 23:56:50 — Link

You mean... just like how you can restart your pokemon game a billion times to get that shiny charmander? :P

Sorry for people who didn't play pokemon/didn't get the pokemon reference. I'm against this - It'll make things easier for newcomers, but a system that allows easy restarting to get the perfect combo makes things frustrating for everyone who knows it exists (Yeah, I remember rerolling my Maplestory character for 4/4 stats back in the day... mindless clicking for +30 min) Also, genes have such a big influence here, I don't think this has any chance to be implemented.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-30 09:54:25 — Link

What Kayla-La said.

If this user just doesn't like their pets, tell them to sell / pound their current ones and get new ones! there are even pets-for-new-players threads in the giveaway section of the boards (http://beastkeeper.com/threads/15 )

Or tell them to contact me. I may take their current pets and give them some other breeds if i have what they want.

And if really nothing helps, tell this user to send a PM to Angel. I'm sure she will help sort this out!

• Crosmere
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-30 10:22:48 — Link

Thank you all for all your advice. 

I appreciate all the answers.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla