Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Easier pounds?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 16:36:26 — Link

Well, either I can't click right or what, but I'm thinking of these ideas for the pounds, so....hear me out?

1. ability to see the profile of the pet before adopting (just so you won't adopt one with red stats.

2. Clear off names (if the pet you put in pound has a name, it will have it's name changed back to 'namesless' and can be renamed..,this should make it easier then using gold to get 'amnesia' for the pet)

3. 'Undo' button, just incase you, for some random reason don't want your pet in the pound, you can retrieve it back, but of course, paying  1000 back to get it back.

4.  Pets that aren't adopted will be released back to wild.

5. And non-pound related but maybe have an option to capture pets In wild?

6. Combining idea '4' and '5'  and '3' maybe, just maybe, if you are too late, you will get this notification sayying 'you can find your pet in this island' and then you go to the island, walk around and then a screen will pop up and you gotta re-catch your pet back......which reminds me, can we add 'release back to wild' option for our pets? Cause sometimes we get pets with such horrid genes and stats and they take up room and sometimes people don't wanna adopt them, so lets release to wild? And if you really want them back...well, you get 'pet tracker' for pets released to wild, the pet will be available to track for a certain amount of days before it's name will be reset and it will become totally wild and it will go off your 'pet tracker' and you can't get back.

...just thinking, like if someone decides they don't want a pet anymore, they release it, then suddenly want it back well yeah, so they can get it back by tracking it for a certain amount of time...

...and it should make catching pets more fun to have them around in 'explore' option.

oh and yes, I know we have 'catch a wild pet' option, but that one seems more for purely wild pets, but I'm actually talking about originally owned pets that were 'released'...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• AreilDogs
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 17:47:32 — Link

Support

I've learned that goodbyes

Will always hurt

Pictures never replace

having been there

Memories good and bad

Will bring tears

And words can never

Replace those feelings

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-28 21:19:07 — Link

I support number 2. Number 1 has been suggested and debated. It would be nice to have info. But tshopping'shopping maybe you can only view a certain amount a day. I know the issue of 'shopping' the pound has come up. Seeing stats maybe okay. But not genes. You should pay a small amount or something. 

4. <- I they go back to thel wild then they should be retrained so as to avoid the pets with bad stats that are dumped on the pound from running around. Maybe they '"go feral" and now need training. Id support that. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 02:04:39 — Link

Oh not shopping pounds, lol, but I won't might paying bit more to see their genes...or then again, maybe not, I am interested in knowing stats though, and I can surmise their genes by knowing their parents from their stats area...

thing about genes, as it is a pound pet, the original owner may or may not have researched their genes...and I don't think we should pay extra coins to see their genes and decide we don't want the pet...we are just ending up helping some other random person need less money to pay less to see a pound pet's genes...

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• GryphonMaster
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 04:18:33 — Link

Here are my feelings about each idea in the order that you posted them:

1.)  I'd like that, but I'm afraid that it tips the game too much.  Besides, "bad genes" don't really hurt a well-trained pet in the long run.  It only really affects breeding (which won't hurt a well-trained pet in the long run, so it's not the end of the world either way).

2.) I really like this idea and wholly support it.

3.) No.  If you make a mistake, you just need to deal with it.  People can only learn from their mistakes if they can't just "undo" them.  Besides, you could still adopt it back from the pound (if you haven't gotten one that day and were lucky enough to find it).

4.) Can we stop with the whole "purge unwanted pets from the pound" idea? Here's why:

• They're no going to do it.
  • What gets defined as an "unwanted pet?'
  • The idea is getting obnoxious

5.) You CAN capture pets in the wild.  Under the "Pets" button, you have an option to "Capture Wild Pet."

6.) Just learn to learn from your mistakes.  That's life!  In life, there are no "do-overs" or "Reset" buttons.  You just have to learn from the mistakes that you've made.

The only real-world reason that I can support #2 would be that names are not bound in real life.  In real life, if you adopt an animal from the pound, you can call it whatever you want,  Personally, I'd like to be able to change an animal's name whenever, not just if it's been in the pound, but I'm willing to settle for just the pounded creatures.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 04:27:14 — Link

where on earth did you get purging pets from? and what is that anyways?

i wasn't even talking about purging pets cause that inhumane????

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-29 06:43:59 — Link

3) I agree on no take backs... There is a confirmation button. This makes it hard for mistakes...

@GryphonMaster- I don't think they meant about capturing wild pets... I think they meant recycling pound pets into the wild. My addition to this suggestion was that these pets had to be retrained... In this fashion the ID # is re-used and the system is never clogged.

I also don't think they meant puging either.. just recycling... To  help the pets move through the pound.

I don't think there has been too much talk about "purging". In all honesty when people are talking about purging they are often talking about it in different capacities.

I know this site is nowhere near the problem of having an overload of unique pets clogging the system.
However very few people like taking the chance to adopt a pet.. You can't do much with it for seven days, it may be named, and can't see anything about the pet before hand... But on the plus side you get 1,000s if you donate one- and you can be rid of a cruddy pet and gain some moolahs.

The point of having 1,000s given to you was to set a baseline price for pets I believe. This is good to have a baseline. But there are very few reasons for people to adopt. It's blind chance, many pets are already named, and like I said... they are stuck for a fixed amount of time. This leads to an over accumulation of pets.

Something should happen. Let us pay a small fee to see a certain pet, or let us view a fixed number of pets a day, or let us change the pets name free at the moment of adoption.. something...

I support the idea to release pound pets into the wild after a month (real life) or so. This can recycle ID numbers and pets. Perhaps the pets can stay the same species just when they are released they "go feral" and need to be tamed" again. Or simply just re-use ID number and have old pets deleted from the system. Because in all honesty very few are going to adopt the white unicorn who's name is "4 red, bad) or something.
I'm fairly certain this isn't how the capture pet system/generation works but ID's could be recycled in similare species perhaps.

"1.)  I'd like that, but I'm afraid that it tips the game too much.  Besides, "bad genes" don't really hurt a well-trained pet in the long run.  It only really affects breeding (which won't hurt a well-trained pet in the long run, so it's not the end of the world either way)."

I do agree that it could tip the game too much. That's why I propose limits. Depending on what the person is doing this could be extremly important. Since good training = good genes/stats this is a very good thing to have in a pet. If the pet has nice recessives then sure... but it's hard to breed someting from nothing...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 08:20:00 — Link

1. That would be nice, but if they did that nobody would want red stat pets. The pound is full of enough clunkers as it is, it doesn't need to get worse. I also think the reserve and portal service are meant to alleviate junk pets in the pound. If so, they need to be less insane to build to make this effective.

2. Support with one caveat: adopted pets get a free rename instead! Sometimes the names contain useful info (ex: "3 red genes") which can help people select pets. Also, sometimes the names are nice enough to keep. Revenge is a pound pet who arrived with that name. The option for a free rename would be the best of both worlds. :)

3. I don't think the coding would allow for that. Not only that, "no takebakcs" makes people less likely to use pound.

4.  Nah. Sometimes nice pets get miced in with the messy ones. I wouldn't want to miss out on those!

5. This already exists. Besides, how do you know some of those wild pets aren't other people's reserve pets? You'd have to tame them either way. I'd rather keep and use a clunker for a week than feed a non-functioning wild pet for days only to find it's a clunker.

6.  Again, no takebacks makes more sense. I'd actually rather see pets you released *not* appear in the pound! If I want them gone, I want them gone.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla