Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Pound Purging

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 00:22:09 — Link

So we all know the pound is full of pets ever since the update that gives you money for pounding a pet. It's gotten to where the ever-growing pound is so full that it's REALLY SLOW to load.

So what I suggest is that after a pet has been in the pound for a week or two, it's purged. That gives plenty of time for it to get adopted, but will help keep us from reaching a bajillion pets and making the pound unusable.

• Flutter
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 00:36:49 — Link

Support. It's to the point that I don't even put pets in the pound and the only purpose I use the pound for now is to add to my Reserve. 

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 00:39:40 — Link

I find some pretty good pets from the pound here or there, but it's gotten to where it takes several seconds for it to load, and when you're refreshing to surf around, that really adds up. If it's this bad when it hasn't even reached 3000 pets yet, how's it going to handle more? The pet counter just keeps going up...

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 02:50:58 — Link

Now that I have my State Portal Service Branch, I've been working on taking the pets that have names like "bad genes" or numbers intead of an actual name or are "Nameless."  Maybe those of us who have a State Portal Service Branch could work together and do the same?  I know it take a week before we can use them, but it's something.  My only problem with "purging" unwanted pets is that, since the selection is random, good creatures will still be missed.  I understand wher you're coming from, but I stll prefer charging to breed/pound a pet.

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

Looking for "friends" for Pokémon X & Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

3DS Friend Code: 0361-7809-4176

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 03:00:00 — Link

The problem is nobody wants to do anything other than pounding because of the money you get for it. I wouldn't worry too much about good pets getting eaten, since as the amount of pets in the pound get trimmed down, it'll be much easier to find the good ones.

• thestillpoint
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 04:35:12 — Link

I think this makes sense. I've stopped pulling from the pound because the one week wait to portal the pet if it's bad (which most are) is not worth all the food. So now I just portal the not-so-great wilds that I catch. If the pound is never going to have a search feature implemented, then I think it's highly unlikely that people would be missing out on finding the hidden good pets (in part because "good" is subjective -- depending on your breeding project or current needs). So I don't think much would be lost by deleting pets from the game after two weeks, because there's a pretty steady supply into the pound without very many being taken out.

• AreilDogs
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 05:18:26 — Link

Support

I've learned that goodbyes

Will always hurt

Pictures never replace

having been there

Memories good and bad

Will bring tears

And words can never

Replace those feelings

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 08:30:03 — Link

I don't support this. Remember the thousands of pets that need weeding down? There are good pets mixed in. Most my pets are from the pound, this includes the good ones like Revenge!

The pound needs to be full to help newbies like me out. Without a full pound with tons of pets to pick from I'd be out of luck! I know some of the pets I've found are junk, but it gives me a reason to work towards that portal service.

If anything, I think the reserve and portal services need to be a lot cheaper in order to encourage people to build and use them.

I'd also cut the money given for abandoning pets way down. In fact, I'd have the number of pets inversely proportional to the money you get per abandoned pet. For every pet in the pound over 1,000 you get one less silver for abandoning. This means abandoning pets right now will result in no money gain!

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 22:55:24 — Link

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree, as logically, having less pets in the pound would make it easier to find the good ones. Nobody's suggesting getting rid of all the pets, just making it a more manageable number in the pound, as it's quickly approaching the 3K mark and is just going to get worse from there. Something needs to be done.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 23:57:39 — Link

Kayla-La agree with you tat a lot of people pound pets to get the 1000 silver, that's why I've been in full support of charging people to pound pets instead of GETTING money for doing it.  I'd be willing to compromise and say that they should just not get the 1000 silver for pounding, but I'd sill prefer to charge.  It' won't stop people from loading the pound with unwanted creatures, but it gives them something to consider.

Maybe we could give people who adopt 200 silver for adopting a pet frome the pound.  This would encourage people to choose to adopt but not really for profit, since the cost to provide food for the pet would only give a 74 silver profit per pet over the course of the 7-day waiting period.

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

Looking for "friends" for Pokémon X & Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

3DS Friend Code: 0361-7809-4176

• tucuxia
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-06 22:07:49 — Link

Maybe the reserve should pay us for pets and the pound shouldn't.  Then we would be encouraged to pound pets that are okay enough that another person would want them and send the degen 1 terribad pets to our reserve for money.  People pound pets that they don't think will sell on the market (or that aren't worth the effort to sell) but I'm sure they would put them in their own reserve if they were paid for it.

• Circus_Joker
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-17 17:49:02 — Link

support

selling a large amount of griffins in uncommon to rare colors, feel free to make an offer!

• Kisara
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-28 07:20:17 — Link

Disagree.

Reason 1:

I agree with everything Calib has stated, who makes valid and reasonable objective points of view.

Reason 2:

MollyOKami made another great point. People could just be abandoning pets for silver. I'd agree with charging, although, perhaps if it's considerably reasonable.

Reason 3:

It could be a possible coding just needs a tweak, that or it's other technical issues from either party. I loaded over 60 pages with ease as I'm posting this today on this date.

Reason 4:

"having less pets in the pound would make it easier to find the good ones."

That, could also re-route to another root problem such as pound shopping.

Once again, search features will also root back to pound shopping, same with hinting stats.

....Although, I would not mind separating by species as the only search implement.

Some (since I can't speak for all, nor would I like too with differing subjectives, biased, and objectives) players want a good stat pet, even those who already have pets with good stats... Keeping the pound from turning into a store gives all players from differing objectives i.e. "shopping", "breeder", newcomers... and the list goes on...

An equal chance at finding a pet.

In reality (I'm sure people usually adopt because they want a pet... and the "shoppers" usually call in to look for profitable animals... I've heard stories about people calling in for specific breeds to use as show dogs, etc..., hence I am against in game "shopping"...)

If you are adopting a pet from an actual pound, sure, they have breeds separated... dogs in kennels, cat rooms, etc.

However, there is no guarantee that the pet will be 100% perfect, and some do come in with health problems etc.  throughout its whole life vs. in game coded prefixes.

Cats in reality for example are sensitive creatures and usually show signs of allergies around 5-7 years of age.

(I think it would be both an interesting twist and concept to apply in game.)

Also, this: "So what I suggest is that after a pet has been in the pound for a week or two, it's purged."

"Nobody's suggesting getting rid of all the pets"

That in itself is getting rid of a majority of pets.

Here's an underlying factor:

How would one know the statistics on how many pets are abandoned / adopted on a basis vs how many will be deleted... purged... euthanized... (whatever you would like to call it... I'd rather them go to a reserve or some place of peace and enjoyment)  within 2 weeks?

I have seen numerous pets I've glanced at multiple times that still have yet to be adopted.

As for Tucuxia's input,

...The pound is already doing the job of the reserve. ..."pay us for pets"

You pay more to build a reserve combined with the portal than you pay to pound a pet.

The reserve and portal cost more for a one time fee.

The pound on the other hand is free of cost with the benefit of

exchanging pets for profit.

Eventually, abandoning enough pets will surely lead you to affording a portal / reserve.

That, or do not spend beyond your means for a while.

Here's an idea:

Pitch in as a group to clear pets from the pound and trade / gift them over to those with Portals (I am not quite sure how those work) / Reserves (A resting place.) to finish the job? If that is possible. Wanted Ads for bad stat pets picked up from the pound? Although I'd prefer to adopt pets to give to others later who are in need of specifics for construction, etc.

Is that even possible to do / allowed?

The same thing could be applied in real life if a world-wide community helping each other adopted out the pounds and shelters, instead of buying from breeders until every last pet has a happy home, and not one shelter / pound is left standing.

“Obstacles are only obstacles if you see them as obstacles. They can also be called opportunities.”
-Tucker Max

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-15 21:34:34 — Link

Disagree with some of the views above. 

Reason: you should look at it also from a newbie's point ov view.

Think again about the financial situation of a newbie: market situation rather low, selling some of the found items almost to totally impossible, selling pets (low-level newbie pets, obviously) dito and the sums (silver coins) which you find during exploring as a newbie with a low-level pet are around 8-9 silver coins each (:-) - stable place to start an own breeding project is small, building level-ups is really expensive.

I myself produced about 2-3 pets for the pound in the first few days (then had good luck, found a higher-level pet in the pound and did not need this anymore, but in the beginning it was necessary) - and I have sent also my wild caught pets there since all of them had rather bad genes. As a beginner you do need some way to earn a couple of start up coins since neither the market nor exploring help you when all you have is a couple of lowest-level pets.

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-15 21:38:46 — Link

I'm not entirely sure why you bumped up a thread from four months ago?

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla