Boards < General < Help < Druid Invite: Didn't work?? What is it supposed to do?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-25 05:49:31 — Link

So yeah. I caugt this amazing Gryphon coloration: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/76163 and because it was a rarer coloring I wanted to ensure that training would go well so I used a Druid Invite which is supposed to "Permanangly increase" her stats. I used it very soon after she was caught.

However I'm a little miffled how she turned out. I realize that things are left to chance and all... but I guess I am confused at what the Druid invite is actually supposed to do as it is my first time using it. I figured because it is 20 Gold in the premium shop (more expensive than the others) it should do something nice.

My gryphon ended up with one red stat (which is really icky because it is her hitpoints, but she has a nice recessive) and one green stat.

So my real question is... What is the invite supposed to do? What are it's chances? When should I have used it? Does it only affect the pet if the druid is in my Inn -before- by caught pet? Or during the taming? I'm very unclear on this.

Thanks!

Stats: Characteristics: Help

Strength 33
Agility 30
Courage 30
Intelligence 34
Constitution 30
Intuition 48
Hitpoints 48
Bite Damage 23
Blow Damage 17
Rush Damage 18

Genes:

Massive beak
Musical beak

Normal senses
Normal senses

Normal wits
Silly

Normal paws
Normal paws

Normal bones
Steel bones

Normal muscles
Normal muscles

Normal organs
Normal organs

Thin skin
Sharp feathers

Piebald
White

Cat
Cat

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-25 12:15:31 — Link

Mind you, I have nothing official on this, but I'm pretty sure the druid innvite works only if you use it before a pet is even spawned on your map. The way I *think* it works is that the game spawns pets on your map with set stats already, depending on what people you have at your inn affecting it. Then whenever you catch and tame it, they already have those stats that were given them at spawn point, you just didn't see them before.

The reason why i think that is that it says in the FAQ :

What chance of success does my catcher have?

If the catcher meets a pet of proper class at his location, he tries to catch it. The chance of catching depends on the sum of pet characteristics. Absolutely average pet with each characteristic of 35 (sum is 210) has 35% chance to be caught. If the sum is more than 210, the chance decreases. It's harder to catch pet in the den and easier on the watering points (by 20%). Another modifier is astrology: hover the current month on the Map to see the effect.

If the catcher meets a pet which is not his specialization, he will try to hide. The success of hiding depends on the pet's senses. In average, observers have 3 times more chances to hide than normal catchers.

So the pet has certain stats to begin with. Of course it could be that a druid changes stats afterwrds but I don't think so, since other invites like the Magicians also only work before a pet spawns.

But besides all that, from what i understand, the druid won't affect the genes of the pet at all, he will just increase the stats like strength and constitution by 10%. So in either case your gryphon would have had the Thin Skin.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-26 07:29:14 — Link

Oh okay. So it literally means pets on my land that are then caught?  Hmm I think some may have spawned since then- we shall see. 

But in theory they should then be harder to catch since they will have a higher sum of stats. 

That's a bit of a bummer- then you really don't have as much control- but I guess it does affect more pets.  Which is sort of a balance...

So it's more about stats rather than genes... 

I always wondered what was predetermined and what wasn't...

Thank you :)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-05-30 14:47:36 — Link

To be clear, Druid increases only the stats of pets which were caught when he's staying in the inn. He doesn't make pets spawn with +10% to stats but gives this bonus at the moment of catching. So the player's task is to catch the pets as quick as possible in this case because the pets won't keep this bonus when Druid leaves.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-30 17:53:41 — Link

Thanks for the clarification, Angel! :)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-30 20:40:32 — Link

<p>Ohhh, okay. Thank you very much for the clarification. May I suggest this be included in the description and/or FAQ? Thanks!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>EDIT: &nbsp;I'm not sure why the html tags are appearing. I'm on my phone using the fancy text editor. I've never had this issue with the simpler one.</p>

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla