Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < What sports/hobbies interest you?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-22 20:57:02 — Link

I'm always looking for new things to do, especially in the summer.

But I always run out of ideas.

I ski (cross country and alpine racing/recreation), run in races, compete in Taekwondo, archery and horseback riding.

I like to draw, do photography and I really want to get into jewelry making or woodworking.

What sort of things occupy you??? Anyone have any cool summer projects? Maybe some cool hobby or sport?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 03:32:00 — Link

I'm a huge nerd.

I collect rather obscure rhythm games. The most obscure American one I have is Guitaroo Man. I'm tempted to get a Gameshark disc and start in on the Japanese Taiko series. I tried it at MarsCon last year and want to play more!

Yes, I go to scifi conventions. Marscon is my favorite and I never miss it. It's great to go hang out with friends, party, and geek out for a few days. It also gives me an extra excuse to break out the board/card games and be nerdy!

Oh, I also collect card and board games. I'm trying to get some of the rarer ones I'm actually interested in. For example, I'm missing only two games out of the entire English Nightmare/Atmosfear series: both the Khufu expansions! 

Around the house I take care of my rats and roses. I have three huge coral pink bushes outside (some friends surprised me with them) and indoors I have three little black tearoses. Yes, BLACK! They used to be red, but after spider mites almost killed them all for some readon they started blooming with black flowers instead.

My current pet is Cinnamon the Cinnamon hooded domesticated Rat. She was a feeder rescue and is the smartest rat I've ever owned. It's a shame that she was bred poorly and has bad health. :( I don't expect her to make it to age two.

• nalotel
  • User

Posted at 2013-07-30 00:46:38 — Link

Riding is my very heart and soul, I also like cycling and tennis, I run a bit too, swimming is fun and I love animating and coding simple games. Anything involving my lovely dog Alfie who is a complete mutt and a wuss, I keep chickens, breed budgies and used to have 2 cats named Ollie and Aggie, Aggie went missing in January, Olly passed away on the 19th June 2013. We are going to get 2 kittens very soon though. I love playing the sims 3 and listening to music. Writing is a talent of mine but I am always much to shy to actually show anyone...

I do archery and read way to much, I watch to much youtube and no TV...I want tobe an equine vet when I'm older.

THats pretty much me:D

• Snowbite666
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-02 01:11:57 — Link

I collect rubber ducks (i know dont tell me its lame... i know)

i like to sing and dance art and drama i like to do all outside stuff and adventure and danger XD

yeah and i like being crazy,

I like all animals

Whatever happens, the world keeps spinning.

I have loads of amazing animals to breed and sell so check it out!

• pumpkin55
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-14 22:31:58 — Link

Ur hobbies r so cool!!!!!!!!!! :D

.....My hobby is the computer XD im on it 24/7 @.@

• nalotel
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-20 18:02:48 — Link

Nothing wrong with that! Everyone is entitled to there own stuff, just make sure you live a life aswell!

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-28 03:55:44 — Link

I am so jealous of you guys!  I wish I could do archery and horsebackriding and keep chickens and whatnot.  But those aren't exactly available options to a poor college student.

My main hobby is reading.  Kinda boring.  But I'm often inspired by my books to try something new or think in a different way.  One of my favorite little pleasures in life is a library bookshelf full of interesting-looking books.  But it kills me that I can't read all of them at once, haha.

• Nyamphora
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-04 02:59:53 — Link

Visiting museums..... archery... drawing.....taking long walks in the woods (makes me feel like an elf).... or do things like:

handmade bows and arrows,

woodcarving,

collecting and drying herbs

• goldenpheonix
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-06 19:40:14 — Link

sewing,finger kniting,shopping and i'd like to take up climbing

• Luah
  • User

Posted at 2014-10-01 08:22:36 — Link

I wish i had the equipment to get into archery that would be fun, i was into archery when i was younger but i moved away from my friend that had the equipment years ago. I like to bicycle, breed guppies, read, wright, draw, carve wood, weave hemp necklaces, tend to my tiny flowerbed apartment garden, play with my cat, play minecraft, read comics, play magic the gathering, grow house plants, watch anime and cartoons (no television I watch on a site called just dubbed anime), watch nature documentaries, and i recently got started into boxing (just plain old boxing not kick boxing or Mixed Martial Arts). i am also hoping that the fencing club at my college gets a new leader soon so i can join that, and i am trying to find some one that has guns and wants a shooting range buddy i like shooting hand guns.

oh i also play PS2 games, and wii at my house and PS3 games at my mates house. 

Wish i could ride horses i did a few times when i was really little about five or six years old, since i was ten or so almost every horse i have met has tried either attacking me or running away, goats do it too, so do donkeys sheep and lamas. Dogs love me though so do cats, snakes, lisards, bee's, ants weird bue eh nothing to spend my time puzziling over i have better things to do than think myself in circles with therireticals these days.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-10-02 21:13:33 — Link

@Nyamphora- you make bows and arrows?!! Me too! 

So cool to find more bowyers! :D

Luah- It's fairly easy to find used bows for cheap online. But be careful what you buy. Make sure that it has the proper draw length and poundage for you (you can always check out your local archery shop!). If you're just getting back into it you don't need to much (if you aren't hunting). Cabelas recently had a sale on long bows and recurve bows.. May still be happening... Many archery shops have their own range, or at least contacts that do! Never hurts to ask! Shooting can be very relaxing, and a lot of fun!

I recommend getting a simple recurve bow to get back into it. Nothing fancy, and a dozen or so arrows with field tips on them, and a small foam target (you can make your own out of many materials!). I love wooden arrows because I'm traditional and hate how some of the other materials bend.  Compund bows do require a bit more upkeep and equipment and such (stablizers, sights, quiver, release- If you are just practice shooting you really don't need much of this, some of it is required by law in the states for hunters. I do recommend a release if you use a compound bow and are new to it- it will help you from accidentally twisting the string and it coming free! A good ol' fashion recurve is the best though. I've made a few out of wood, and am currently working on a long bow now. :D 

On an unrelated note I just tried to pick up the violin... Makes me want to learn fiddling though... Any tips?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• kategirl2020
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-26 23:45:49 — Link

I like horseback riding, drawing, and listening to music

kategirl2020❤️

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-01 22:42:57 — Link

Drawing, cheerleading with StormbringerLives, skiing, snow shoeing, rifle shooting (I love the biathlon), drawing, listening to music, shopping, horse riding, life science, clarinet, spanish, PS2, kindle, archery (try to make bows down at lake shores out of thick willows and pocket knifes), being amazing, gradening, farming, painting, hiking, swimming, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, and thats it... I think, enought to keep someone busy forever.

• Argy717
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-21 22:57:38 — Link

I like to draw, play my saxaphone and clarinet, read and write stories, collect figurines of animals from all over the world, collect coins, care for animals and study reptiles, study russian language and culture, I love science(especially genetics), I play a lot of first person shooter games, I bike a lot, gardening, teach people.

Thats it ^_^

I never really get bored. XD

~Stars are only visible in Darkness~

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-16 21:45:15 — Link

drawing, ballet, homemade bows and arrows (yeah! I do too!), piano........

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla