Boards < Offtopic < Other Games < Has anyone heard of Acinonyx?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kala
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 17:15:30 — Link

We've heard and seen sims involving dogs, cats, puma cats and tigers. Also more recently, a sim involving lions.

How about Acinonyx, a cheetah sim?

I stumbled across Acinonyx while I was searching for new different free virtual sites and I found four including Acinonyx.

Apparently, Acinonyx is in Alpha stage where you have have to buy accounts using real money to join.

According to the sim description on the homepage, Acinonyx is a site in which you have your own reserve where you can raise and breed cheetahs in a dangerous environment.

I can't wait until it opens up to the public and it seems like it will be a long wait. I would have liked to buy an account but my parents probably wouldn't allow me to do so. Cheetahs are my first favourite wild cats.

• sturturro
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-16 01:18:01 — Link

Cool! Cheetahs are one of my favorite animals, so this is great! I would love to get an account if and when it opens to the public.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-17 07:14:44 — Link

Hmm! This looks cool! I'll stick around to see when it opens. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Kiavani
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 09:08:03 — Link

This seems really interesting. Cheetahs area one of my favorite animals as well, but I'm not sure that I'll join when it becomes open to the public. I play on way too many games :P

• kayaesha
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-26 07:03:39 — Link

I'm a mod for Asinonyx. Currently everything is being recoded and redrawn for a better look and feel. they're expecting downtime some time in june or july, depending on how fast projects from the art team get done.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-27 07:26:52 — Link

Thanks for the info Kaya! I'm going to stalk it (no cat pun intended of course :p)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• kayaesha
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 09:07:14 — Link

we're getting some interesting bugs lately. So fun to find them honestly. and it's hard to rase cheetahs on this sim. You breed, you might get a litter between 3- 8 cubs. However when you explore with them, it's a 90% mortality rate. You might come away with 3 cubs, or no cubs at all. frustrating for sure to see nice marked cubs get killed by random events, but such is life.

if anyone has any more questions, and if i can answer them, I'll be happy to!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla