Boards < General < Help < Cartographers Guild problem

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 07:07:49 — Link

I made a Cartographers Guild BUT I'm having a problem with it, I put my hunters where there's a pet but they aren't where they're shown as being, here are the event logs below, I had striped silver dragons at both old ruins & the island, I had a cockatrice at western fields, a puma at both magic glade & eastern fields, I also had a gryphon but I forget just where, I put my catcher where the dragons were & tried catching 1 other pet the 2nd time & didn't get anything on either try. Today I have a striped silver dragon & a gryphon at waterfall, cockatrice at magic glade, pumas at big tree & creek & a striped silver dragon at western fields, WHERE do I put my catchers to get them since it evidently doesn't work if you put your catchers where the pets are shown as being?

Event Log

May 01, 2013 15:04:38 There's no one at Old Ruins.

Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.

Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Old Ruins to Waterfall.

Your Mammal Catcher was attacked by a Gryphon at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Your Mammal Catcher entered a fight with a Dragon at the Waterfall and ran away to save his life.

May 02, 2013 15:04:31There's no one at Island.

Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Island to Western Fields.

Your Bird Catcher was attacked by a Dragon at the Western Fields. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 11:52:27 — Link

That's because the beasts move every 4 hours and you have to place your catcher where they WILL be in order to catch them. Therefore you have to track them for 8-12 hours and work out their cycle, then you'll know exactly where to put your catchers.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 19:53:26 — Link

Daweia already mentioned how it works, I just would like to point out a few things you can already tell from your logs.

Pets always have a regular circulation how they visit places. They start at one den (for example Rocs usually start at the cave or the old ruins), then they either go to a watering hole (waterfall or creek) or a hunting place (eastern fields, western fields or big field), the next cycle to the other type (if they were at a watering hole they go hunting, if they were hunting, they go for a drink) and then they go back to the den they started at.

This means, if we take a look at your log, we can already deduce that you have a gryphon, whose cycle is den, hunting grounds, watering hole (your catcher saw him come to waterfall from big field), a dragon whose cycle is den, watering hole, hunting grounds and whose den is the old ruins (catcher saw him come to waterfall from the old ruins, which is one of the dens) and a different dragon, who goes island (=den), hunting grounds, watering hole.

Now if you take a look at your current positions, you might be able to predict where they might go next. Since it is easiest to catch a pet at the watering hole, I would wait until I saw the gryphon for example at one of the fields and then place bird catchers at both creek and waterfall. This way both places he might go next are covered by your catchers. If you would like more examples how the pets behave, feel free to post more logs.

one more thing: just because you see a striped dragon, doesn't mean it will actually be a striped one. They have standard pictures for all the pet types, you will have to catch it to see what it is.

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 03:44:49 — Link

Sorry to hijack someone else's thread but I too am having an issue with the Cartographer's Guild.

I collect cockatrices primarily, and since building the thing I haven't seen 1 cockatrice. Occasionally a blank space where it looks like it should hold the image of a pet appears. I can only assume this is either a cockatrice or a dragon or a unicorn because none of those have ever appeared for me.

I check daily and I currently am using a reptile catcher invite with my inn. Is this just bad luck?

Trading Thread
Art Trades

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 11:03:45 — Link

The sole reason that you don't see a Cockatrice at all is that you currently have 6 pets on your map. You can never have more than that. You first have to catch a pet inhabiting one of the ground dens (big tree, heart of the forest, magic glade) to make room for a new pet. The blank spot only means that the spot is a big spot where in theory 2 pets have room. If 2 pets would land on this one, they would not fight each other like thet would on other spots.

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 16:10:51 — Link

Hmmm. So why haven't I seen a cockatrice since I built the cartographer's guild? Is it because I have so many I can no longer catch them or is it just dumb luck? And I check several times a day, still haven't seen one.

Just pumas, gryphons and rocs. I have logs since May 2 to prove it, but I know I've had the guild for longer than that.

Trading Thread
Art Trades

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 16:43:16 — Link

Every ground den (big tree, heart of the forest and magic glade) can have a puma, unicorn or cockatrice. Which one spawns is totally random. This means you just have to catch all ground pets so those three dens are freed up and new pets can spawn. Eventually, the spawning pets will be cockatrice too. Hope that made more sense ;)

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 16:48:49 — Link

How unfortunate. :/ I'd rather not catch pumas or unicorns if I can help it since I would be just waiting 3 days to throw them at the pound.

If random chance decides what species take the spot then why after over 2 weeks have I not seen a unicorn or cockatrice at any of the locations you mentioned?

I assume if I bite the bullet and catch a puma to try and free up space for a cockatrice there's a chance another puma will show up afterwards anyways.

Trading Thread
Art Trades

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-15 17:03:07 — Link

That is true, it's entirely possible after you catch those 3 pumas you will just get yet another puma. You can at least make it more likely that you will have a cockatrice spawn by having a cockatrice magician in your inn.

Personally i dont mind catching other pets though. If they have a few greens i can sell them to other players, otherwise i get 1000silver for putting them into the pound. Win/win if you ask me ;)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla