Boards < General < Help < Inheritance

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 11:04:28 — Link

Frirst I'm sorry if this was already asked or explained somewhere. I really tried to look, but I guess my brains just have been too tired and my computer works in funny ways at the moment.

Anyways, I thought to start with this one question I'm wondering right now and then expand this thread, PM answers are also fine. ^^

So I was wondering the gene system and not meaning dominant-recessive relationship, I am familiar with how the phenotype will come together. :)

Does the site has ratio for inheritance, is it following some formula on its own or real life inheritance laws? Or is everything based to random luck with which genes will transfer to the offspring? Is the dominance order of genes known? I know some are more common than others and so have to be more dominant, but how the dominant gene pops up if you have like two genes giving somewhat rare feature or two common genes?

Sunless is the path we roam, bitter is the air we breathe
Fell is the icy blast, coming from the hills
Blowing through my ailing heart, wailing in the emptiness inside
- Insomnium

Sales and Studs for breeding : Here
Looking for studs and to buy new boold : Here

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 11:27:37 — Link

Inheritance is entirely random (one gene for each characteristic from the mother and one from the father), while dominance is based on gene power. A gene with a higher gene power will be dominant over one that is lower.

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 11:36:31 — Link

Uhhuh... then some work to bring those most recessive forward. xD
Thanks.

Oh, more stuff: how much diet affects to the developement of a pet?
Is it better to concentrate to smooth the difference between strengths and weaknesses or forget the weaknesses and consentrate to develop strengths?

And does people have tips what would be the best way to increase constitution?

- Insomnium

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 12:22:44 — Link

Every level you get six points; the diet determines where those points are most likely to be allocated (hover over the ? to see which increases a specific characteristic). As for the second question, that depends on the person. Personally, I do not increase the "weak" stats of my pets, but instead put those points towards their strong characteristics (for the extra stats from the percent boost), strength (for extra breedings) and/or characteristics with are associated with the same battle efficency stats (ie. defense relies on strength and constitution, so if I was not feeding plant fats because my pet had a gene reducing constition, I would definitely feed extra animal fats for strength to balance out my pet's defence).

To increase consitution, feed plant fats, or breed in steel/strong/solid bones. You can also feed your pets Cactus Melons.

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 20:51:02 — Link

Thanks, again.

Heh, there would still be a couple of questions more:

charasteristics seems to be paired to some point, like damage - deffence, in FAQ dodge and critical change were mentioned as well. Do accuracy and anti-critical change then create the third pair or are those lonely values? And if so what's their role in the apperance of animal?

While exploring there can be found those temples with the opportunit to fight agains the pet inside, sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but what's the role of those houses? Are those beasts beating the tempel ones rewarded soemhow, or are those just another NPCs of the game?

Oh, and is it possible to research only certain gene or is the order random if unlock them one by one?

- Insomnium

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 10:55:42 — Link

I'm not sure what you mean with the first question, but the second and third I can answer at least to some degree.

The temple guardians can be fought and defeated. They are very strong though usually, so it's rather difficult. If you do defeat them, you get an item reward. I only managed once and got a building scheme for it. I'm assuming that you can get all the non-resource rewards you would get from a chest, like schematics or potions.

And for the  third question: you will research a random gene if you go one by one, unless you have a Geneticist at your inn (if you use an invite for them). He will let you choose which gene you want to research.

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 12:22:20 — Link

Okay, thanks.
And I can try to clarify my first question:
while counting stats to battle certain characteristics creates pairs which affect to each other. And if there's difference between the levels of your beast and the opponent 2% difference will cause -1% loss (this is from FAQ).
Now what I was wondering is that in FAQ there's mentioned two pairs: damage-defence and accuracy-anti-critical change, does the remaining two create third pair i.e. does they affect to each other on battles, or are they "lonely" skills. And if they are, what's their role.
(I don't know if it's more clear at all, whoops D;)

- Insomnium

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 12:31:40 — Link

Damage/defence, accuracy/dodge and critcal change/anti-critical chance would be "paired" since they relate to each other; the FAQ is just worded a little strangely. Does that make more sense?

Also, temple gardians give exp (about 10x normal?), gold and a few rare items when you beat them. For example, last time I got:

You entered a battle and you won!
You gained 110 XP.
You found Blueprints: Warehouse (lvl 2) (1).
You found Geneticist Invite (1).
You found Thunder Magician invite (1).
You found 435

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 13:17:51 — Link

Haha, yeah. Thanks. xD I thought that's how it has to go, but it doesn't hurt to ask, hehe.

- Insomnium

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 20:19:48 — Link

Wow, really? I must have really been blind and/or not checked properly when I defeated my one and only defeated temple guardian that I missed all those drops xD

Sorry for misleading you in my reply Thal.. I was quite sure it was just the blueprint :&

• LiaEvalle
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-04 20:38:12 — Link

just adding some info on gene inheritance since it wasnt mentioned (I dont see it at least).

Offspring will get half of the genes from mother, half from father. So there will never be 2 genes of the same string inherited from a single parent only. Like, if you breed Normal/Normal wits parent to a Quickmind/Quickmind parent, your offspring will 100% be Normal/Quickmind and never Quickmind/Quickmind or Normal/Normal.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla