Boards < General < General Chat < Really disappointing "bug" fix

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 12:50:24 — Link

I'm really rather disappointed now. I get that bugs happen (not sure what the bug is here though), but the way this was handled is sad.I got this message today:

"Genetic Power grade bugfix
Genetic Power grade of one or several of your pets (56235) has changed due to the bugfix.
Click here for details:

You can find another pets which have wrong Genetic Power grade due to this bug but were not fixed. We didn't touch the pets which have children or pregnant right now to save the breeding lines.
Sorry for the inconvenience."

This is the pet in question: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/56235

I can't even click anything for details, because there is no link.

What's upsetting about this is, is that I was really happy with her being a gen power 1 baby with just 1 parent. But her genes weren't that nice, so I went and used at least 30 mutagen on her. 30 mutagen I bought in the premium shop for gold coins I earned with being active on the site. Now that she isn't a gen power 1 pet anymore, I would have never used so many on her, because I could just breed something better.

I'm really disappointed how this got handled and feel robbed of the motivation to actively play if that's how it is rewarded.

Somehow breeding her before this would have left her alone, but spending 90 gold coins on her didn't? Really disappointing.

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Giraki
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 13:27:16 — Link

Oh wow! That is disheartening... especially without any actual explanation! I know that this is beta and things are subject to change quickly, but unless they are planning on wiping accounts clean I wish that we got more regular updates so things like this would be clear on through the news.

• Peppermint
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 13:34:29 — Link

I got the same thing... and I spent 45,000 silver on the pet in question, because  it was a G1.  It's annoying.  I wouldn't have bought the pet (especially not for that much) if it had been normal.  And now I've wasted time trying to level it up and all to breed with my other G1 from my lines... and it is a wasted effort.  *sigh*  I got no link of explanation either.  This is mine in question: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/34167

• Raimira
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 13:56:38 — Link

Same here, I bought this girl EXCLUSIVELY because she was a GP2. Was the only reason I wanted her really >___<  I'm slightly miffed about the amount of silver I paid for nothing -.-" http://beastkeeper.com/pet/55299

I'm an avid explore nut. If you're looking to buy explore items just PM me. I usually have a stash. :)

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 18:20:07 — Link

Well, I got a message stating that a refund will be available for those who bought their pets at auction or from another user, but that won't do anything for the one I bred for, or the one I traded my own GP 1 pet to get... and I doubt the mutagens spent in the first post will be refunded either... :B

#33507 on Aywas

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 19:03:59 — Link

I just got this message:

"After some consideration, we decided to revert the pets affected by the GP grade bugfix back to their original grade. We can't define if these pets were affected by Mutagen or not, so it's impossible to exclude the pets who have correct GP grade but genetics was altered because of the mutations.

Thanks to all users who helped to find this bug and its consequences."

Thank you for reconsidering this. While it is important to fix things that are bugged, the better approach seems to be to fix it "from here on out" instead of retroactive, because that opens up a whole new can of worms.

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Peppermint
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 20:51:21 — Link

Thank goodness.  Really happy the stuff is back to normal.  Now how do I send back the refund?  Don't really want to profit off of this.  

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 21:19:10 — Link

Yes, typically you  handle these kinds of issues by fixing the bug but grandfathering in pets/items that already exist. Bugs gotta be fixed, but if nobody was cheating, you don't want to punish legit players at the same time.

I really wonder what the bug was.

• Raimira
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 22:35:48 — Link

Ah all fixed for me again as well <3 :D

I'm an avid explore nut. If you're looking to buy explore items just PM me. I usually have a stash. :)

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-25 00:57:49 — Link

Fixed for me as well... but I put two pets in the Pound because they lost their GP, and I doubt I'm getting them back... </3

Edit: Definitely not, checked the search and they've both been adopted. Grats to the new owners, but I'm still a bit peeved about how this was handled.

#33507 on Aywas

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-25 12:51:44 — Link

The bug was that some pets were getting GP when only 6 genes were inherited from the higher GP parent, rather than 7:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/2424

• Swiftla
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-27 17:36:21 — Link

I had three pets with GP reverted back before the huge GP fix. It's really disappointing, though I know it was a bug because now I have no good GP pets and I feel like i'm once again back to square one. : /

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla