Boards < General < Help < Lag?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-22 16:09:55 — Link

The last few days i've been experiencing a constant, medium level lag on BK; at first I thought it must be related to the site, but it appears to run at a normal pace on my phone and my friend isn't having any issues, so i'm now under the impression it's due to my network. However, all of the other sites I visit are working as normal, and switching browsers doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or does anyone suggestions as to what may be causing this? It makes exporing and manual battling rather frustrating and time consuming, so i'd appreciate any input. xD

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-04-23 13:35:35 — Link

Actually, the problem looks like it's being on your computer or whatsoever you use, not our server. Others sites might work fine if they're not made of flash and heavy coding stuff, I guess. Exploring is really heavy so if your internet is not really good, or if your computer is old/slow/heavily full, it might be a problem but otherwise I don't see why it would lag.

I admit the server is lagging a little sometime on the explore page when the server is processing a lot of data sent by the players/returned to the players though.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-23 15:19:41 — Link

The thing is, it's not just explore, and I have a good quality laptop that's just over a year old. The network i'm using at the moment is the university's (since I live on campus) however it's extremely fast: faster than my internet at home even, and most definitely fast enough to run something like explore - it downloads at over 1 MB/sec on a good server, so there's no readily apparent reason that would be the issue. Like I said, I don't see how it would be the server, since it seems to be fine on my phone, but there's definitely something going on that I can't work out and I thought someone may be able to shed some light on the issue (for the record, I have tried clearing my cookies, etc, didn't help unfortunately).

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-24 06:05:36 — Link

It seems to be a prime time thing. It'll be slower for me during the day, but if I explore late at night on the same computer, it's much smoother. This will naturally become more of an issue as the site grows and eventually they'll have to add new hardware to handle it, but I doubt it's at that point as of yet.

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-25 02:57:20 — Link

I don't think that's the case either actually; it was lagging all the time, even when there were barely any people on, which led to me to believe it wasn't server related. However, whatever the issue was it seems to have fixed itself now as the site is running smoothly again. I just hope it doesn't come back. xD

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-25 07:19:54 — Link

Hmm... I've never experienced lag and I'm on at different parts of the day on different networks/devices

When I'm at home on my satellite internet though the site is terribly slow... especially explore.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla