Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Regeneration

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 04:32:23 — Link

I'm aware there is a thread similar to this but I feel like singling out this genetic ability because it causes me so much frustration in the arena.

The only pets of mine that are able to beat pets with Regeneration on a consistant basis is my Lightning Strike Roc. All others have to get lucky with countermoves and criticals to hope to stand a chance. I mean their attacks are mostly healed off in one turn, and if I fail to land a hit then forget it.

I'm not battling with shoddy pets either. I have GP pets, pets with Counterstrike and Musical beak and other amazing things. I just think that an ability is broken when you have to rely on luck to beat it. And Regeneration is easy to breed since it only relies on one gene catergory. All the other powerful abilities like Counterstrike and the elemental attacks need at least two.

Sorry for the little rant. Anyway, I think that Regeneration needs to be nerfed, to maybe 10% or 15% of the total health each turn? That way I can at least hope to chip down the health instead of being able to do absolutely nothing.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-18 05:05:20 — Link

Piney, thanks for suggestion. Battle abilities still should be fully tested and rebalanced (it's quite a big amount of work but it really should be done before release), there can be issues with overpowered or useless abilities. There's a battle balance thread from Ankokou but everything listed there should be carefully tested first, not everything is so obvious there.

Regeneration really can be an overpower since it's even not a combo ability and achieved with single gene, you're right. We reduced the regeneration rate to 15%. If it still will be too much, then it can be reduced to 10%.

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 05:30:03 — Link

Thanks Angel. :D I'll be trying my luck against some regenerating cockatrices in the arena again, once my pets have more energy.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 05:31:49 — Link

Personally I feel like regeneration was a LITTLE over-powered but not so much that you're making it seem. Honestly I've had crit-pets that could easily take a regen pet, many times 2-shotting them completely. I feel like these "good" pets you're purporting aren't at all specialized to deal with the regeneration factor of pets.

In short, all abilities in the game DO have a counter in various forms. Take a robust scales dragon with high defense and anti-crit for example and you'd have a pet that a crit pet or a regen pet would have a really hard time beating but a poison cockatrice with good hit chance would easily mop the floor. As I've said, regen pets are easily beat by crit and can also be beaten by dodgers as long as you're not counter-moved too much.

I think nerfing it down to 15% is probably fair enough but I'd say nerfing it to 10% and it wouldn't really affect a battle at all and would be nearly useless. Especially considering most battles only take 2-3 hits for a decent pet to kill their opponent that 30% health isn't going to keep a regen pet alive.

As for other ability balances, I do feel like some abilities are very strong while others are weak and require a lot of specialization in order to be good; but as I said, all abilities for have counters and overall the battle system is sound.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-18 07:26:08 — Link

I think 15% is fair. I too often came across unbeatable pets (that were levels below me) and no matter what I didn't even get close to winning... with any pet.

I think there are some imbalances, but I think that most are rare enough that they can be appreciated and bred.

I am very much a fan of the battle system here.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla