Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Can't Breed Until Named

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Indiana
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-17 13:07:00 — Link

With so many unnamed pets, I find it very difficult to know if a "nameless" is the same *Nameless*  which appears  in my pet's pedigree.

My suggestion is:   pets must be named before they can be bred.

I am aware that a lot of people don't name all their pets... perhaps incase they want to sell them, at a later time, and amnesia potions are not easy to come by....but I feel that once bred the name should not be able to be changed back to nameless.

Coding is a mystery to me..but perhaps it is possible to allow bred pets a change of name... as long as it is not Nameless

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-17 13:59:05 — Link

I do also find it rather annoying when I look at the pedigree when there are more than two "Nameless" pet in lineage. However, I think that forcing people to name them is rather harsh. I think it would be easier and more agreeable if number of pet is include with their name in the pedigree chart. That way even if someone names their pet the same name from previous generation, there is no confusion if they are same pet or not. The numbers of pet may be more annoying to read the lineage, but each number of pets is unique and could never be changed.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-17 22:07:29 — Link

No support...

I find nameless/nameless to be very boring too... I have lots of namelesses and it does get very confusing. When I really want to know without clicking I hover over the link to see the pets ID number..

Lots of pets I don't want to name until I make them a custom skin...

I very much dislike the naming system here. I wish I could change it whenever... or at least easier than 10g (or being lucky and finding it for cheaper). I mean Grey Jars are 1,000s.... yet amnesia potions are 10g o.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 01:51:23 — Link

No support. While I don't like the naming system, forcing people to name their pets isn't the way to go.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Indiana
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 02:04:51 — Link

@ Somehow

The numbers showing would work..at least make it easier to see who is who.

Perhaps if it wasn't so difficult to change a name,  more people whould name their pets and we would not see so many  Nameless.

• syramoon
  • User

Posted at 2013-07-16 06:27:54 — Link

No  support, but showing the numbers- that I support.

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 02:28:11 — Link

No support, I don't agree.

Myrtlecedar305 <3

If a kid was beating a dog with a bat, 49% would stop and stare, and 50% would walk away. I am the 1% who would grab the bat and beat the kid.

92% of the girls would cry if Justin Bieber fell off a cliff and died. 7% of the girls would scream and jump off the cliff after him. 1% of the girls would have been the ones who pushed him off the cliff. Put this on your signature if you were the 1% that pushed him off.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-30 02:05:17 — Link

I support!

I like to use a common breeder's tactic by giving a pet a name that starts with the same letter as its dame.  With so many reckless breeders, so many creatures have one or both parents as "Nameless."  Come on people, it's not rocket science!

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

Looking for "friends" for Pokémon X & Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

3DS Friend Code: 0361-7809-4176

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-11-30 02:08:41 — Link

I thought about that Molly. I'm just so bad at making a system. Several of my pets are in multiple breeding projects and I want to separate them, and also show their characteristics/heritage... but then again I am the kind of person who blanks out on codes and stuff. I'm so much better at remembering names like "spot" or "sparky". I have a hard time deciding names when it's so final. It hurts the re-sale value for some people. Some of my pets I do plan on putting custom skins on someday and I would like their names to reflect their new skins...

I would support this if I had the option to change the names after... at least for less thant the cost of an amnesia potion...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-29 16:57:25 — Link

Sorry, this feature will only make things more complex instead of improving the game experience. It can turn into a real pain to think out a lot of good names every day for a player who is a mass breeder. At the same time name doesn't affect the quality of children that are bred - it's not something like parents' level or genes. We don't want to limit the players in their breedings by forcing them to name pets first. In the real-life animals from breeding farms often have only inventory number and no name, but this doesn't affect the quality of produced offsprings and the demand for these offsprings on market.

Players who think that it's important can name all of their pets before breeding, but there's no real reason to force everyone else to do this too.

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2014-11-02 00:56:37 — Link

My vote is to let ppl change the names when the pet is sold to them or you change something about them. (custom skin, mutagen)

• wolfspirit
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-30 03:05:34 — Link

While I do agree it can be annoying trying to find the same "nameless"in a sea of never ending "namelesses" (...that is so not a word lol) I'm most in agreement with daisy2944.....if when a pet is traded/sold/gifted to a new owner or customised with a rainbow jar, it goes back to being "nameless" so they can name or rename it themself at no cost I think this would be a great improvement :)

That way a breeder can name them whatever they need for breeding purposes (I am terrible at remembering which of my pets are related.... o_0 ) and then the new owner can name the pet whatever they like.

Or take Nightingale's dilemma for example, she doesn't want to name her pets because of wanting to use custom skins at a later date.... but if she changes her pet with a skin *poof* pet named "breeds scholar gene" is now "nameless" because of the change to it so she can now rename it related to it's skin. Works all round :) and I think it would be appreciated by most people, but then that's just my opinion ^_^'

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla