Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < name changes

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 06:39:57 — Link

I sell pets and allow players to reserve pets before they are mature and able to be sent off to new owners and it gets a bit tedious when i have several babies reserved and I'm unable to keep track of which pet goes to what player. 

I'm suggesting that users be able to change the names of their pets at will and multiple times if needed to keep track of who their young pets go to before they mature and can be sold. does anyone support this?

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 09:04:15 — Link

Hm, admittedly that would make some things easier, but I'm still not too much a fan to be honest.. 

How about one free name change after owner's switch, be it through sale or gifting. This would be almost like in real life, when you buy a baby pet, you then still name it, even if it might have had a preliminary name at the breeder.

This would also not render the name change potion useless.

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 18:50:43 — Link

a free name change after first-sale isn't too bad an idea, as long as theres a way for the pet's breeder to know what pet goes where.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 19:36:57 — Link

this has been suggested before about a free name change when a pet changes owners,  however, this idea was turned down as the ability to abuse the system would be too high, since people could send a pet to their friends just to get a free a name change

however, if it helps to know, when i have pets that are reserved for people, i put a note in the pets profile

• TarotWeird
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 09:59:05 — Link

What about if when a baby is born, it is named one thing, but when it switches into adulthood you can "okay" the name to stay permanent or, if selling it for example, the name can be changed?

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-17 00:36:27 — Link

I could go for 1 name change per owner, I've seen lots of pets with crummy names, like right now For Sale the Puma is in trades, I have a few I'd like to be able to rename too like the 1 with a 4 number name, most of the names they come with are fine though. OH! Or have the option of keeping or changing the name when you get it, I played a game at 1 point where you had the option of keeping the pets current name or changing it when you got it.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-17 06:07:17 — Link

Yeah... Aywas does it where you are allowed 1 free name change per pet.

I support

Too many pets with bad names, but decent stats that no one wants...

I wish I could re-name them whenever though... none of this amnesia potion stuffs o.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla