Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Begone Auto-Bold

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 01:14:57 — Link

Don't you hate it when a string of messages are all in bold and its hard to differentiate between the messages... and the worst part is you can't just hit the big "B" to get rid of it.. you have to go into the HTML and delete "p style="font-weight: bold;" (carrots removed)"....

I know in my messages with others that I am not the only one who feels this way. If there truly is a way to not have autobold then please, enlighten me... but the majority of people I've talked too can't seem to get rid of it. It's so hard to read all the message when everything is bold.

Can we have it be bold, normal, bold, normal or something? Where the the person who isn't you shows as bold. It would be so much easier on the eyes.

Thanks.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 02:42:29 — Link

Yesyesyes! Auto-bold is so annoying!

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• gingerfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 16:55:55 — Link

I support! Especially since I prefer to reply above the last user, not below (which is another way to cancel out the bold)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-11 17:38:45 — Link

We're using TinyMCE, it's a third party wisywig editor. TinyMCE is the most advanced and convenient text editor at this moment. It doesn't have auto-bold feature but if you copy something in bold and paste it, TinyMCE will save all the styles and apply them to the further text if you don't change the pasted formatting manually. This is true for any formatting, not only for bolding. It doesn't know if you want to save the styles or remove them until you tell it.  If you don't like this TinyMCE feature, you can switch it to Plain Textbox Editor in your Account Settings.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 18:00:15 — Link

Whenever I go to respond to a message the text becomes bold. I can't use the "B" button. I have to go into the HTML.

That is nice to know about the plain text editor. Though I do really like the fact I can press control "whatever" and it knows the shortcut :)

I do like Tiny MCE. I wish it recognized my browser's spellcheck (EDIT: Plain text editor did recognize my browser's spell check :D) and didn't autobold. But opposed to any other forum site I've been on this is still by far one of the best, if not better, text editors. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the plain text box. I'll try both and see what I like. Thank you!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla