Boards < General < Help < Capture Pet Cost... Doubly Deducted?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-10 21:20:46 — Link

I'm posting here first instead of bugs... in case I am crazy....

I had 80,169 silver.. hired a mammal and a bird catcher and now I only have 79,969... Meaning I was deducted silver.... 200 silver...

However I thought I already hired these guys, because it says I have them in X amount of quantity.

When I hired them I -know- I paid for them....
So why am I being deducted twice?

Either this is an error on the site, or something is worded in a very confusing fashion and I'm not getting it. Because from what I see I paid twice for these guys...

My log says that both catchers were paid for.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-10 21:41:49 — Link

ARRR I can't fix this formatting, even in HTML. Somehow my text got put into a table...

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 23:25:41 — Link

From the last news: The price of hiring a catcher is raised to 200

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 00:31:04 — Link

I saw that... But I already purchased the catchers prior to the update... So shouldn't they already be in my service if I already paid? I realize the price went up.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 03:15:03 — Link

No, you have to pay to obtain the catcher and you have to pay to send them on an expedition also.

So yes, 200 to have them in your "inventory" but since you already had them, it only costs the 100 per catcher to "send" them. Think of it like, the 200 is a retainer to keep them in your service in between work, and then the 100 per trip is like cost of wages and paying for their travel expenses.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 04:53:31 — Link

These guys are like lawyers huh....

Ahhh well, I didn't see that expressed anywhere, maybe I just missed it.. Thank you!

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 17:45:16 — Link

These guys are like lawyers huh....

Haha, yeah! Lawyers that throw wild pets into servitude for getting caught! XD

No but really, it isn't 100% clear unless you pay close attention during the tutorial. In any case I feel like the 100 coin cost is miniscule as long as you have the cartographer's guild and know where the pets are going to go. If you're just sending out random catchers it does add up but then you're probably better off throwing out observers everywhere until you know where a pet is going to show up.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 18:04:44 — Link

HAHAH I can see lawyers hunting for pets in the wild now. Oi, the tutorial was ages ago. I barely remember that part. I think I was too busy trying to find good names for my pets o.0 That's my next project for sure. I want to focus on certain species so I think the cartographers guild would be my best investment. I throw observers everywhere, and when I know I throw the catchers out at popular spots like the watering holes, and sometimes in their last location.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla