Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Temporary Freeze-Lock (Because we all need a break, right?)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ravient
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 13:51:30 — Link

Due to the rising difficulty of the gameplay of this site, such as resources becoming less and less easier to obtain and sustain, diminishing foods and the likes at the truck-load, pets needing training and feeding, quests, earning silver, exploring becoming one declining-decent into stress and the time-consuming glory of  the lack of Energy that the pets take forever to replenish, it has come to my attention, that sometimes-- we need breaks.

You know, like a Holiday, a vacation... Whatever you people call it. Anyway! Sometimes people need a pause button for a breather, such as one might expect from your usual standard game on a console. I'd list a few, but then I realized that pretty much every game has a pause button-- except for arcade games. But this doesn't have to be an arcade game, doesn't it?

Well enough about that, let's get to the point. Beast Keeper is very time-involved, and sometimes people can't use up that time to keep up to their best activities here. So I suggest that each of our accounts has an option to 'freeze' our account until we choose to unfreeze it again when we're able to get back into the action again.

This means that we pretty much go into hibernation; Pets don't starve, resources aren't used up, nothing moves, nothing blinks; Yet also, you're not allowed to explore, do quests, or interact with any of your pets in this state. It really is like a temporary freeze-lock. This feature, I imagine, would come in handy, especially when people really do go on holidays, or leave for a great amount of time, and are unable to care for their pets and resources here.

In any case, a potentional idea or not, just felt like putting it out there.

-Yours truly, Ravient.

P.s: I'd also like to thank you all for reading through my terrible grammar!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-10 18:20:16 — Link

Ravient, there's already an auto-freeze if you don't login. The food is used and the revenue is collected only for the days when you login.

• Ravient
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 21:03:37 — Link

Whoa, really? Huh... Well, thanks, miss!

Although... It doesn't really sound like an auto-freeze, it sounds more like a... "lose all of your resources and money then nothing happens". I meant like just everything pausing, so nothing is lost, yet nothing is gained, either...

Or maybe I'm just seeing it wrong, perhaps...?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-10 21:51:31 — Link

If you don't log in than your silver isn't deducted for pet food. Your pets are only fed if you log in for the day. If you don't they are safe and nothing becomes deducted... So really logging off and not logging in is a way of taking a hiatus without loosing any silver or pets.

At least that is how I understand it.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ravient
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 05:33:19 — Link

Oooh! Swell, thank you, madam! I shall give that a try, some time...

Oh by the way... Nightingales are very lovely birds, if I say so myself, heheh.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 05:45:29 — Link

Thank you ^^ I have yet to draw a good picture of one for a proper avatar.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ravient
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 05:56:11 — Link

you're much welcome, m'dear! Say, maybe I can draw one for you! Birds are my favourite animals, after all. Love'em to bits!

Oh, unless you'd rather draw one yourself, I'd completely understand that as well, mhmm.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla