Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Missing pets from group

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 00:29:46 — Link

Hello,

I was rearranging my groups and pets when I noticed that all of my pets in the Dilute group tab have disappeared.

If I remember correctly, 2 adults and 4 babies (?...I was moving a lot of them around, and only recently named some of them).

The only named one I can remember (I'm sorry, I have a memory problem...I'll probably write things down after this) is Morris - who is named as mine on his profile (I searched him up) but does not display anywhere in any of my groups, or the Dilute group, or the no group tab, even though it says on his profile that he is in "no group" tab (and should be in the Dilute tab!!!). As for the others, the only thing I remember about them is that they all had atleast 1 recessive dilute gene, or were silver recessive, and there was 1 adult dilute blue female (EDIT: Named Andra), who was last "being tamed".

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, Windows 8. I've refreshed the page, cleared my cache, restarted the browser, reset the modem and opened Internet Explorer for good measure.

6 of my dragons recently gave birth to 6 nameless dragon babies, but this was before I began to arrange groups.

All of those babies are in the Researching group and are normal. The older named and nameless baby dragons are still missing, as well as Morris, and the being-tamed dragon (and possibly one more, my memory fails).

*Commence ranch-wide panicking*

---

Also as I was posting this message, "Beastkeeper is down for maintenence" screen showed up, a few minutes ago.

The situation is still the same, upon returning. I am reposting this now.

---

EDIT: The adults both appear in quest selection drop downs.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 00:59:11 — Link

Seems like you somehow deleted the group without assigning a group to the pets that were in it.

You CAN fix the pets in question manually by going to their profile pages and assigning them a group manually. At least, I presume.

You can locate the babies from their parents' child lists.

Morris is found here: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/29933

As for the rest of the pets, Angel will probably have to locate them and fix them for you as well as fix the bug if they can reproduce it.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 01:28:58 — Link

I was about to do as you suggested, Irrimn, when I noted that Morris (via search>profile) has "Dilute" as his group instead of "No Group" as (bug) before. So I went to the Dilute tab directly, and he has returned to it, along with the babies, and Andra, who is still being tamed.

I don't know where the other 2 baby dragons are, both nameless. 1 White the other black. Going to have to search through their parents pedigree as one said, although I can't for the life of me remember who gave birth to whom or when.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-10 01:29:26 — Link

Thanks for reporting.

I've found 4 pets in the missing group and moved them to "Dilute" group. I suppose that you have deleted the missing group like irrimn said but the pets were not moved to another group. Unfortunately I failed to reproduce this bug. Do you remember any details about what exactly you did with this group and maybe any strange behaviour (like the group which is being deleted was available for dropdown where you select the new group for pets or something like this)? Maybe we will find the circumstances when this bug appears.

Also can you please say at least one parent of the missing babies? They're not in the missing group so I need some info to find them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 01:36:53 — Link

I am sorry, I have a terrible memory. I am trying my best.

However, I know that I did not find or feel anything unusual about the group rearranging/pet regrouping at all, as I do it quite often.

I usually begin rearranging by creating a dummy group (DummyGroup for example), delete the group I want to rearrange (going to call that OldGroup) and then via the pop up dialog, put all of group OldGroup into DummyGroup [as OldGroup is deleted], then create NewGroup2, which is now in a further left position.

(I really hope I have explained that right, if not, I will take more screenshots and examples).

(And a point - sliding/rearranging groups would be an AWESOME new feature, surprised it isn't there already, would negate all of this swapping and relocating of groups - also renaming would be nice).

---

EDIT: Yes, I believe it was Philip, I bred him with a dragon female who had x2 Fire Glands after purchasing him yesterday from another user. He was previously Nameless.

I have absolutely no idea who the 2nd lost baby dragon was from, although I know the mother was blue and the nameless baby was black coloured.

---

EDITEDIT: Super late here, I must go to bed now, going to check this in the morning.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-10 06:10:57 — Link

Thanks for hint, it helped! I think we found this bug. I reproduced it using several browser tabs, there was no check if the target group is already deleted when it's still in dropdown because the page in this tab wasn't refreshed after deleting the target group in another tab. It's fixed now.

Concerning 2 lost babies, we didn't find them. We checked the actual data and restored a dump from 20:30 from the previous day, Philip never had children (0 offsprings and 0 breedings), Ivy (female with 2 Fire Gland genes) has 4 which are visible in her offspring list, and the missing group contains only 4 pets at 20:30 too (it wasn't deleted yet at this time). All the pets which you own are visible in your pet groups right now, and the child can't be given to another user. Even if it would have a wrong owner for some reason, at least it would be recorded in breedings count and offspring list. I'm sorry, but it looks like these children don't exist and nothing indicates the opposite.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 16:23:51 — Link

Glad that the bug was fixed, and thankyou for the help.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla