Boards < General < General Chat < The pound and my contributions.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 00:20:23 — Link

So I noticed after the change there haven't been any pets in the pound. I also noticed that I haven't been using the energy flowcards I've obtained, I just don't explore often enough to need them.

So what I'm going to do is whenever I get a poor pet from capturing (which is fairly often, now that I understand how to catch pets reliably), I'm going to be putting them in the pound and naming them Woodchipper Destiny. The point of that being so people don't grab it thinking it might be a good pet, lol.

So if any of you are struggling with the explore cap, keep an eye on the pound!

• Tearex
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 03:31:23 — Link

Thanks for this. I don't have a State Service building yet, but I do patrol the pound for white unicorns with decent stats. They are surprisingly common there, so I guess the white coloring is super unpopular or something?

Anyway, naming pets with bad stats is super helpful!

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 03:33:16 — Link

Yes, white seems to be ridiculously common for unicorns so many people discard them. If I happen to catch one that's white but has good stats, I prefer to keep them myself, but I can see why people do it!

• Syn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 03:47:47 — Link

So far none of my pound rescues have been amazing but so far only one of them was too awful to actually keep. But yes, thank you for naming it so that it's obvious for newer folks we're not grabbing something amazing.

Genetic Research Addict

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 03:51:17 — Link

No worries! If you see pets named 'Bad Genes' those are my doing, too, haha. It means they're fully researched but .. have bad genes.

I've gotten some pretty darn good pets from the pound! Don't see that happening much now though.. anything I put in there gets snatched up right away.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-08 04:48:05 — Link

I really should not be laughing this hard whenever I see the word woodchipper.... hehehhe... It's just a funny sounding word by nature.

I've gotten some nice ones from the pound. I picked up a dragon girl that had nice recessives.. one red gened, but that was all that was bad with her. A good coat too. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 04:52:00 — Link

When the update went through and I understood the portal stuff, my first mental image was of one of the Capture guys picking up pets cardboard-cutout style and shoving them down into a woodchipper, and out came portals! It was both a horrifying and comical image, I assure you. Better than the glue factory, I suppose!

• LiaEvalle
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 05:56:42 — Link

well according to update pets that are sent through portal are doing some sort of work in helping out the island restoration after flood. As such I am not sure tbh where did the glue factory come from there.

• Viriagan
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 11:28:35 — Link

^then we're basically selling them into slavery. O: Honestly I love developing bizarre headcanons for features I dislike. xD

On topic, that's a good idea. :) I haven't named any of my Pound releases in case the new owner wants to do so themselves, but on second thought it'd be more helpful to slap some sort of warning onto there.

From the small crumbs of earth
from the fleece of summer eve
from the memory of a single seed

• Westly

Posted at 2013-04-08 23:09:21 — Link

I only really name pets that 'earn' my respect.  So I don't have many named pets. 

Woodchipper is a great name for a pet!  :D  I do tend to 'rescue' high level pound pets, because I feel bad about them going into the woodchipper.  ;_;

My Webcomic!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla