Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Rework Boss Temple Drops

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 22:27:40 — Link

When I first came on here and managed to beat my first boss temple, I got some nice things. I think one was a rainbow jar, some nice gold, maybe an energy drink, I forget exactly, but I remember feeling really accomplished and rewarded.

Ever since the update-before-today's, though, anytime I manage to take down a boss, I've gotten 3 worthless blueprints/schemes. Not even good ones. I don't remember getting gold, either?

What's the point in risking your energy to fight an enemy tougher than a chest guardian if you're probably going to get such crappy items?

So my idea is simple. Give the bosses unique rewards worthy of their risk and difficulty, things you can't get anywhere else. Maybe they can drop two or three Gold coins, unique schemes/blueprints that you can't get elsewhere, etc. etc. We could make up some new items that would spawn JUST from them. Good ones, of course. Right now, there's honestly little point to fighting them and you're better off saving your energy, and I feel like they deserve to have items specific to them to give a good incentive to fight them (and rare but obtainable items tend to be good for the economy).

Thoughts?

• Storm
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 22:56:21 — Link

Support!  I have yet to actually beat a Boss Temple so I agree that the rewards should be rarer and alot better than basic blueprints

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 23:12:23 — Link

I think I've beaten three or four, and every time other than the very first time, I've felt like I totally wasted my time and energy.

I know a concern with having better drops is deflating things like the Rainbow Jar, which is why I'm suggesting unique, boss-specific items. It could be something like some silver, some vermillion, and one unique item randomized from a group of unique items.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 01:05:56 — Link

How about something species-specific? Like, Gryphon Guardians drop something that increases green gene's gene power for all Gryphon babies concieved within the period of time that it's useful, while Dragon guardians drop something that does that for dragons etc.? And the genetic power of the guardian determines the length and power of the item?

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 01:09:21 — Link

I'd be fine with species-specific items! I think I would prefer each item have an equal chance of dropping though, to try to avoid there being a surplus of any one specific item.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 08:50:24 — Link

I support the idea of beast temples being made special. Especially considering I may never beat one again now that they kick you off the island period.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 20:35:49 — Link

Support. I've never beat one... but I hope they give something nice o0. I mean they eat your energy and kick you off the island....  I kind of liked multiple goes at a beat temple... I never won... but still...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 20:37:59 — Link

I beat another one just yesterday after the update. Got nothing but schemes. Not worth the trouble. Nowadays I use boss temples as a quick way to get off the island after I've done all my exploring but don't have enough energy to explore again, hah. Whatever happened to making a teleport off the island button.. ?

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla