Boards < Offtopic < Other Games < Recommended DS games?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Piemaster
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 07:16:58 — Link

I'm wondering what games to try out next

currently I've played

Pokemon (lots of it)

Animal crossing

Monster racers

Sonic and whatsherface

Zelda

Rune factory

and those were the ones I liked while

I didn't enjoy playing

spectrobes

master of the monster lair

Might edit later to include more games

What have you guys played for DS that were good?

• Winrie
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 08:42:18 — Link

I'm not sure if you'r someone that would enjoy it, but one of my all time favorite games is the Harvest Moon series. It's kinda girly.. But I love it.

Pretty much in every game, you inherit a farm. You must then bild the farm back up. You raise farm animels, and grow crops. At the same time you must become friends with the locals, and depinding of the game you can ether pick to be a boy or a girl. In some of the older Harvest Moon games you have to be a boy.

But the main goal is to rebild a fame, make a lot of money, and get married.

Hope this sounds like a game you might like. There are a lot for the DS, and a few for the Wii.

• Piemaster
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 17:37:16 — Link

Hmm, I've already played through the rune factory games, and they're essentially pokemon + harvest moon, so I think I've got that covered. Liked the series a lot though, so I should add that to my list /edits

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 06:11:46 — Link

Have you played spore? It's pretty interesting and cute...

I liked Time Hollow... it had a good stroy line and was interactive. Very different from other games I've played.

Just sayin' I love Animal Crossing :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Winrie
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 06:58:50 — Link

Okay :)

Rune Factory is a lot of fun too. I have a few of those.

Hmm, I wish I had a few more DS game to recommend but I really only own my DS for Pokemon and Harvest Moon. Good luck looking for some new game's. :)

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-07 08:17:40 — Link

Okamiden is like Zelda, but features a wolf pup and Japanese Mythology. It's a sequal to a game on the PS2 and Wii, Okami, but I don't find it nessecary to play the first game to understand the second. :3

Fire Emblem and Advance Wars are good strategy games for the DS. Fire Emblem takes place in a medieval setting and emphasizes unique characters while Advance Wars takes place in a military setting and emphasizes tactics with buildable units. They're so different in tone and gameplay that you should get the other if you like one.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-08 04:50:04 — Link

^ LOVE Ookami!! :D And Fire Emblem. I wish I thought of those. Both are fantastic games! I give thumbs up for them too!

• Piemaster
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 16:06:25 — Link

Didn't know those games were on DS 8U I'll have a look around for them hmm

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-11 05:47:04 — Link

Do it! If you liked the Wii version you'll love having a more 'portable' version. Besides... whats cuter than a portable chibi-like Amaratsu (spelling?)

• ISeeStorms
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-27 02:16:20 — Link

I really enjoyed playing through Plants vs Zombies on DS even though I'm not generally into games of that nature. I also like Mario Karts and I have some other version of Mario that I got just for the minigames. I got my DS for Nintendogs, and although I haven't played it in a while, I've had it for years and I still get random urges to go back and train my dogs really cool tricks and whatnot. I'd definately recommend it.

I have several Pokemon games, but I don't think I'm going to get XY just because I don't want to spend money on a 3DS. xD

I don't recommend Brain Age. The games are enjoyable for a while, but get boring very quickly and I don't feel like they were helping my mind any. I also disliked Dogz, although it was enjoyable to make different breeding combos for a while.

• glaselkj
  • User

Posted at 2021-06-27 09:04:05 — Link

try miitopica for the ds its a very good game to try cause i hv the game i also play scooby doo first frights for ds to u can try these ones cause its fun

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla