Boards < General < General Chat < Mutagen fail

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Brumby
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 13:27:00 — Link

So I've used a mutagen on this Puma 5 times now. She started out with on no red stats and now has 5. Every mutagen I've used has been a bad trait. Useless item! 

the puma:  http://beastkeeper.com/pet/10645

Anyone else having Mutagen fails?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-30 16:02:37 — Link

Wow. I can't say my luck has been that bad. O.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Harpy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 16:15:22 — Link

I've only used Mutagen twice, on one of my cockatrice, and twice they've been failures..

• Caleili
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 20:37:08 — Link

Me too, I've only used one mutagen and it changed the light bones on my puma (the one positive stat it had!!!!!) into fragile bones. :\

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 23:00:36 — Link

I've used probably 15 mutagens on a variety of pets. I think I've gotten good results about 3 times? So 4/5ths bad results...

Mutagens are basically worthless.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 23:14:07 — Link

I've used maybe 20 to 30ish on one pet. Daria, my starter. She had maybe one green gene, I can't remember, poor hearing fragile bones. the rest of her genes were normal.

Anyway, right now she has solid beak, steel beak, animal instinct, slow-minded, steel muscles, strong muscles, electric gland, elemental vulnerability, and thick skin, all added by mutagen. (As well as normal genes and her color was changed from sparrowhawk to wheaten.)

I'm going to try and breed a lightning strike baby with her then keep messing around. XD

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-01 05:11:05 — Link

I've used a bunch of mutagen on http://beastkeeper.com/pet/3397

If you want to see exactly what she's had changed, just check her profile....i've listed them all.......lol.....not given up yet tho

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-01 05:43:05 — Link

I would never, ever use a mutagen on a good pet I otherwise intended to use/breed. I mean I know it's tempting, but there's so many more bad/neutral genes that it's just not worth the risk.

I've found a use for them recently, though! I have a 'pretty colours' group of pets that I like the look of, but they're too plain to be worth breeding and leveling. They're not bad enough to be quest fodder, either, though, so instead I just throw any mutagens I find at them. If I'm lucky, they'll get enough good genes that I can use them! If not, I don't really lose anything because I didn't plan to breed them anyway.

• Swiftla
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 01:10:32 — Link

I have used 6 mutagens and all 6 have changed good stats to bad stats :/ I don't buy them anymore haha

• Brumby
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 06:04:16 — Link

Well its put me off Mutagens. Though I used two more on her recently and she got 2 good stats but both recessive. So still all that red. 

I got her through the tutorial so I use her as a mutagen experiment. A failed experiment! haha

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-04-06 08:51:00 — Link

*dies of laughter*

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Never realized how FAIL the mutagen was! Lol.

Hey everyone!

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-04-06 19:11:06 — Link

This has nothing to do with mutagens, but I just got a cartographers guild, and it's very helpful, isn't it?

Apr 06, 2013 11:04:08
There's no one at Cave.
There's no one at Old Ruins.
There's no one at Big tree.
Apr 06, 2013 07:04:09
There's no one at Old Ruins.
There's no one at Cave.
Apr 06, 2013 03:04:11
There's no one at Heart of the Forest.
There's no one at Waterfall.

Hey everyone!

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 09:53:14 — Link

I found 1 mutagen & I used it on a pretty bad stat unicorn, I think, & it changed a normal to a steel. I'll only use them when I find them & use them on bad gene pets, like the mostly red stat pets. I didn't know it could change colors so I won't use 1 on my silver cockatrice, although I do want to do something about his red stats.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 16:49:06 — Link

I have a dragon I specifically use to spam Mutagen on when I get them, because her stats were already pretty bad when I caught her. She had 3 red stats (2 characriztics and 1 for damage) when I caught her and she still have those. I'm now keep my Mutagen use on her in her profile as a form of Journal to keep track of the items effect on her each time I use it.

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/11393

• Crosmere
  • User

Posted at 2013-07-26 14:12:43 — Link

I used Mutagen one one of my dragons (Vivalia), who I rescued from the pound when I wanted a blue dragon, to try to improve her stats. The first time I used it, it changed her one stat which was the better of the two to a worse one. Then I tried it again, and it just fixed up that other change. Grrrr!

Looking at some of those other sad Mutagen stories, I think I am kind of lucky, but I'm in a bit of a bother now. I've become kind of attatched to her, and I'm trying to work up the courage to put her back in the pound (that's kind of where she belongs), but I haven't yet. Maybe I'll keep on trying that Mutagen...

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla