Boards < General < Help < Quick question

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RainbowDash3
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 04:53:33 — Link

So I need a Gryphon with Second breath to do a quest. But what I was wanting to know is how would you know if the pet has Second breath or not?

Please help me out.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 06:38:36 — Link

Well for one, if you had a pet that had it, you'd have a dropdown box for that quest letting you choose it.

Otherwise, you just have to research their genes.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 06:38:42 — Link

In order to get a gryphon with Second Breath you'll most likely need to breed a pet with it since it's very unlikely you'll simply catch a pet with it.

Second breath from the List of Genes which is listed under the help tab:

Second breath Internal Organs 30 You have 20% chance to gain extra turn. Gryphon10.31%

As you can see, the dominance of second breath is 30. That just so happens to be the lowest dominance gene for internal organs. Because of this, you will need a pet with both dominant AND recessive Second Breath in order for it to be expressed.

So, to do this, you'll need both a male and a female gryphon with recessive second breath. You can search for pets under the Pet Trades tab with second breath and buy them. If you get a female with second breath recessive, you can probably find a male gryphon to breed it with under the Breeding Offers tab.

So, breeding a male and female gryphon together that both have second breath have ~25% chance of producing a baby with both dominant and recessive Second Breath.

If you're catching gryphons then you'll need to research their genes before you can know whether or not they have second breath. Obviously this can be very costly at a maximum cost for 2000 silver and 20 vermillion per pet.

If you need more instruction or anything I've said is unclear then post and I'll try and help clear it up the best I can.

• RainbowDash3
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 07:27:27 — Link

Thanks irrimn that helped a lot.

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 18:56:35 — Link

I would like to add that if you suspect a gryphon has second breath as a dominant gene, you can try battling with it before you do gene research.  Battling or exploring (with manual on) is cheaper than gene research if you don't mind the energy loss.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla