Boards < Community < Writing < A little piece of heaven

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-26 18:42:06 — Link

This is a book I'm planning to releasing at christmas. It will be my first official book and I'm really exited to see it edited. As it was french at first, I though I'd translate it to english with some slights changes and maybe release it so if I can find someone to help me out with all the mistakes I can do.

So ToxicWolf and I are doing it. <3

It's about a girl whose life is pretty sad as she's stuck in hospital for the rest of her life. But one day, she's tired of her actual life and wants to suicide herself. She fails, but still goes for a long coma time. Though she'll happen to arrive on another world as she sleeps in the real world. Is it a dream or the reality? 

~~~

Pilot chapter

I was holding my breath as passengers were waving goodbye to seattle. In less than a minut, I will be alone. On my own. I've never liked my family and probably neither did they,  maybe because they gave up on me while I wasn't even born. But the girl that was sitting in the front of the car was the closest thing to a family to me. And now, as did the others, she's leaving. I don't even wonder if she'll come back one day. She will not. I don't know if I scared her, but who would come twice in this old haunted house? I don't even know myself why I've been here for so long. Something's keeping me from going away from it. And thrust me when I say I tried, but every single try I did to escape landed me to a worst life. And ever time, I came back here.It's not really dark and haunted as you may think, and as you look the front of it, it even looks nice and warm. But I've been stuck here for my whole life, and I'll probably be stuck as well for the rest of my life, between white beds and drips. Of course it was all white in there, but sadness was everywhere. I wave a last goodbye from behind the window to the bloody red volvo that is now leaving the parking. A tear was streaming down my face, and I quickly retrieved it with a tissue I found on the little white table next to me. My body was shaking and so were my hands, but I was feeling like I must write something. So I took the pen and a piece of paper from the "wash yours hands!" ad that was standing on the top of the window, and started writing a word on the paper.

Farewell.

I left the piece of paper on the right side of the bed and went outside the white room. I was carrying my drip thing with me, but that didn't make me go slower. I ran, I ran as my life was depending on it. When I reached the end of the hallway, I noticed from the glossy window that it was quite dark outside and I hardly saw a thing. I landed on the roof after taking a walk in the stairs. It was rainy and cold as well, and I was freezing, but who cares after all, I won't feel a thing in a little less than half an hour. I sat on the ground, and I ran my fingers through my dark hair. The back of it was rather fur than hair, because it got shortened as you would shorten a dog's fur. It was pretty short, although I had two streaks of long hair on the front of it. The moon was a bit reflecting it with blue streaks of hope. My pair of blue eyes ran over the wonderful but rainy background, while droplets were dripping from my hair. Those were falling on my back as well as my shoulders, and my thins fingers started shaking hard. Droplets weren't only falling from my back, from my face was falling a shiny one as well. I was crying, and I don't even know why, because leaving this world is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I will never recover from my injuries, I will never heal. I got back on my feets, and I almost felt because I was still a little scared. Would falling from the roof hurts? I will know in less than a few minuts. I standed still for a one long minut, then started walking. I wasn't faster than a baby who has started walking for 2 days. I reached the corner of the roof and... felt. As I was falling, I thought the time stopped. And I was now falling slowly, but still falling. I saw the ground getting near and near, but I was not affraid anymore. It felt like I felt on a gorgeous cloud of cotton candy for a few seconds, then I saw I had bounced on something. But then, I hitted the ground and it was not cotton candy anymore. The hit was violent and although I wanted, tried to scream, no noise were coming out from my mouth but blood. The sound of the impact was strong enough to bring help, but no one came. Rain washed away the blood from my mouth's corner, as I was trying to ask for help. It was hurting, but I was still alive. I was hoping I'd die and slowly, my eyes wide open started to close. I started regretting what I just did, then I felt asleep.

Chapter 1 : An holy gift from the clouds

A bright light broke through the inky nothingness in my mind, flickering and shifting its shape. I waited for it to come and take me away from this life, just like in the movies I’d seen. It never moved closer, and I began to wonder if I was just imagining things. Was it the hospital light glaring over me? Were they once again trying to patch me up? I was beginning to wonder if I could ever escape this life. A rustling sound started up, quiet at first, but it gradually grew louder. Soon a dull roar seemed to resonate all around me. I tried to locate where the noise was coming from, but there was nothing but darkness and that damn flickering light. The racket was driving me insane, but the light just sat there as if taunting me with its gleeful radiance. I tried to move toward it, hoping to find some sort of refuge from the clamor. No matter how much I tried I couldn’t move, and the glow never grew closer. Then, when I thought I couldn’t take it any longer, the roar began to subside. It faded until it was only a whisper, tickling the back of my mind, but no longer unbearable. I took a moment to really look at the flashing light. A faint memory tugged at the back of my mind, and I wrestled with it for a moment, trying to figure out what it was. It was an image of my hospital room in the early morning. Sunlight flooded the room, dancing on the walls as it filtered through the leaves of a tree outside. I would sit there for hours, simply watching the erratic sunlight jump around on the walls.Why would there be sunlight? Was I still lying where I had fallen from the hospital roof? That seemed pretty unlikely. I attempted to open my eyes, now that I was sure I wasn’t dead. It was as though they were glued shut, refusing to respond to my brain’s orders. I gave up and focused on regaining awareness. My mind was growing clearer with each passing moment, and soon I felt the light brush of a breeze on my skin. I was lying on slightly damp grass, the blades tickling my exposed arms. I could now tell that the roaring from earlier was the wind rustling the leaves of many trees. Were there so many trees at the hospital?With a muffled groan, I pried my eyes open. The light blinded me for a moment, and I had to shut them again. After blinking a few times, my vision cleared. I pulled myself up into a sitting position and brushed the dirt off from myself. When I looked up at my surroundings, I couldn’t hold back a gasp. I wasn’t outside the hospital like I had thought. No, this place was completely different.

Next Being written by ToxicWolf <3

Chapter 2 : My furry friend

The door made a noise, and opened on an old man. He was wearing an old green and creepy blanket on his shoulders, and was clearly proudly showing an armor behind it. Who's this guy? Looks like wearing weird stuff is popular around here. After all I've just been through, I shouldn't be really surprised though, but I'm feeling like there was more to come. I stared at Break for half a minut, scared of seeing bark or something. I would not be surprised if he did, he actually looks like a badass puppy. He patted me, and told the old man:

-Hey granpa, this girl here needs some help. She went crazy about a second worl or I-don't-know-what.

He was talking quite loudly, so I guessed that this one doctor had ears issues.Then the this one, all of a sudden, ran into a room whose door was next to him, and came back with a shiny, silver and gold knife. He showed it to him, then to me, then back to him. I found it quite pretty and nice looking, but I was too affraid to tell him. Who knows if he didn't plan to cut my throat with it. I starred at him. His beard was not really long as I expected old mans from this world to have. Break looked at me, and whispered in my hear:

-He sometimes does not understands ajaacaian. Don't worry, he'll soon recover his mind.

-Is ajaacaian how you call english around here? I whisper back. It's a really pretty word. 

I gave him my best smile, the one that no one could resist. The one from the girl stuck in her bed for the rest of her life. The sad-looking one. Probably because I never knew how to smile happily. Break looked at me again, then sighed.

-Is there anything I can do to change your mind? There has never been such a world, and neither was english, or whatever you call it!

We almost forgot the old man for a minut while we were whispering at each other. Though I can promise we remembered about him when he started jumping, probably for no reason. And suddendly, he talked.

-Hey there, Jolly-bollies! So what do you need, Breaky-the-fluff?

I couldn't help but laugh. Breaky-the-fluff? That sounds like a puppy name. Break ironically smiled at him, then resumed with a single sentence what happened to me.

-Well, Doc', she thinks she's from another world.

I pulled a bit of Break's clothes to get his attention. Then I whispered in his ear:

-What's the doctor's name? Does he haves one? Is he like Doctor who?

He looked at me, in a "Of course he does have a name!" rictus.Seeing how Break reacted, I deducted there were no such thing as Doctor who in this world, dimension, or whatever I was stuck in. I used to watch this show on the hospital main room's tv sometimes. I used to watch it with Maria, a friend of mine, before what happened to her. Thinking of this made me sad for the day.

...Ding...

I felt on the floor. an huge bell noise tinted in my head, giving me the worst headache I ever had. Break and the old man squatted to hold me so I couldn't fall again. Then mister beard looked at the boy, as he knew what to know. Break ran out of the house whose door was still open since we got in, and I saw him run as if his life was depending on weither or not he'd run fast. He did not come back for half an hour, and within this time, I didn't talk at all. Not that the old man wasn't talkative, and he was, thrust me, but I was too affraid to open my mouth. So many questions floated in my head. Is this the afterlife? Am I dreaming? Am I dead or alive? Will I ever come back to my world? What's that bell's noise?

Where am I?

So many questions, and so many blank answers. It sounded like a song's lyrics I listened a while back. I could not remember the lyrics, though, and that was probably better, because all it would do is making me feel worse.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-28 13:16:35 — Link

:D STUFF FOR THE LIMITED EDITION BOOK YAY

Fya ~

Cialline's Facts: I gave her my username as name, and I gave her a pretty nice haircut. Fya's haircut was really hard to choose but I wanted something that other girls didn't have. That's how I ended up with her haircut! I wanted to make her a scene girl with some coontails streaks at first, but once I drew a girl with this haircut and thought it was looking really nice! Her story is pretty sad because I wanted to tell people that sad things always end. Dreams are part of life, they're not just things you get when you sleep. They're an everyday adventure, and probably my favorite moment of the day/night. 

About her: She's 16. Her hair is black although it may look dark blue under moon's light. It's longer on the front, but really short on the back. She has got blue eyes. She does not like lipstick but she used to puts lips gloss several times before she got into her coma dream. She's quite thin, and does not eat much. She has been in the hospital due to a car incident that happened when she was two. Since then, she never saw the outside of the hospital. She suffer of a breathing problem and can't go out more than half an hour without her breathing stuff. When she was 14, she met a nice girl whose name was Maria. They used to play together, but then Maria died from an unknown virus she caught in the hospital. Fya always still feels like it's her fault if Maria died and can't forgive it. Fya likes Jinglebells and ribbons, and collects little picture of animals that she paste on the wall of her hospital bedroom.

Break ~

Cialline's facts: I just wanted an handsome boy for my handsome girl and... Well, his hair has been made because of my two favorites colors. I wanted him to look like a bad boy, and his bunny paw with a cross makes me giggle because I think it's really cute(sad for the bun-bun, but who cares XD) Paws are sooo cute. He had to wear one! By the way, there's a long story behind it, wich is later in the book!

About him:Although it's not said in the book, he's 18. Two years older than our little Fya! He's a dark haired guy with several red streaks. He wears a necklace with a bunny paw pendant along with a little cross on it. He's the guardian of the red family. He's a werewolf whose job is to protect the red family, although that one family does not cares about him. When he saw that someone was messing with his flowers, he ran to bite, before seeing it was a pretty girl.

Special chapter: White as snow.

Do note that it is Break talking, not Fya.

I've never been really lucky, but my destiny is what it is, and I can't change this. I've been born to protect the red family. I'll die for that goal too.

That's at least what I was thinking before the curse. I'll tell you a story of mine, wich happened back in december two years ago. I was running in the field on my four paws, and a cold breeze was floating and caressing my fur. Snowflakes felt all over my dark fur coat. I kept running, untill I reached the den. It was even more cold there, and my snowy fur was not really keeping me warm. I slowed down, looking at the arounds. I was really impressed. Everything went from dark and scary to a gorgeous white. It was beautiful. The snow was slowly melting under my feets. And although I was feeling how cold it was, I kept walking, while snowflakes were dancing in front of me. I could have starred at this for long. I layed down in the white powder and started rolling from left to right. Now my fur was almost all white and the black parts were all hidden under the delicious snow. It was wonderland for me. Snow only felt in that den in this country, and I ran days and days to see it. 

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla